Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
"Explore Strange New Worlds"

The mission directs me to explore three systems in a star cluster and report.

Who do I report to? What clusters are valid? I explored four systems in Khazan Cluster, but did not get a prompt and I do not see a green check mark, and I do not see a tracker (0/3 for example) any where.

Can I only explore the Delta Volanis Cluster and Arucanis Arm? This game aggravates me so much sometimes because its missions are not clear enough! If I can only explore specific clusters it should say so.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2012, 09:36 AM
You should be able to complete ANY cluster mission to complete this - however you have to accept a cluster exploration mission from Lieutenant Grall or one of the other mission assignment officers first.

You will get missions to explore other clusters as you level up and move through the storyline missions. I don't think you can accept a mission to explore a cluster until you've reached the requisite section of the game's story. This unlocks the people that will give you the missions for that area.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi There,

This mission actually ties with the normal Explore missions.
So you need a mission for Explore the Khazan Cluster at the same time as Explore Stange New Worlds.

You do not get a counter for Explore Strange new worlds.
You use the counter for the normal 'Explore the Khazan Cluster'

Once Explore the Khazan is complete. Explore Strange new worlds should be too.

The text says : Complete an exploration round or something like that. Which is a normal explore mission.

Worked as intended for me earlier.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Lt. Gral (the guy who gives you the Explore Delta Volanis) is the guy to report to once the mission is over. Like the guy above me said, it'll only be complete when you complete another exploration mission, like exploring three Delta Volanis systems. Both of them complete at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2012, 12:01 PM
This is a very common question and as the people above said, you didn't get a quest to explore 3 systems, you got a quest to complete a quest to explore 3 systems.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by president******* View Post
"Explore Strange New Worlds"

The mission directs me to explore three systems in a star cluster and report.

Who do I report to? What clusters are valid? I explored four systems in Khazan Cluster, but did not get a prompt and I do not see a green check mark, and I do not see a tracker (0/3 for example) any where.

Can I only explore the Delta Volanis Cluster and Arucanis Arm? This game aggravates me so much sometimes because its missions are not clear enough! If I can only explore specific clusters it should say so.
Look for Marritza Nador@Zejak in game, my character will help you through. I'm in Romulan space now, spent some time in Cardassian (had to kill off some Jem Hadar 2800), but am willing to work with others.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBair
You should be able to complete ANY cluster mission to complete this - however you have to accept a cluster exploration mission from Lieutenant Grall or one of the other mission assignment officers first.

You will get missions to explore other clusters as you level up and move through the storyline missions. I don't think you can accept a mission to explore a cluster until you've reached the requisite section of the game's story. This unlocks the people that will give you the missions for that area.
One other thing--you can only do the "Explore Strange New Worlds" mission (the one that grants you the 1440 Dilithium Ore) by going to a star cluster that matches your current level. If you go to one that is way below your current level (e.g. Delta Volanis if you are above Lieutenant Commander), then you won't get any credit for exploring systems there. Pretty much, you should go to the highest-level area that you are currently allowed to accept star cluster missions for. (Federation-->Klingon-->Romulan-->Cardassian-->Borg)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-12-2012, 11:53 PM
I have to disagree ChibiClari, I have been doing Delta Volanis as a VA and getting the reward...I've now switched to B'Tran to get both Explore missions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2012, 12:30 AM
I also have to disagree, I am RA:Upper and have only ever done the Delta Volanis ones along with the investigate foundry daily as they are so close to each other. I get credit for the explorations there.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Resolved!
04-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Sorry for necro'ing this thread, but I just wanted to thank everyone for their help.

I found this thread when I was searching for another post of mine and I thought I had originally replied with thanks and more questions. Well here is my belated thank you now. Sorry.

Thanks for helping me out!