Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Lt. Crom Hana gives the exploration missions for the DS9 region.They are "Rated" as Captain 2 for Rolor, Captain 5 for Betreka, and Captain 9 for Zenas. And Lt. Karbo gives the Explore the B'Tran for the Gamma Orionis Sector Block, which is rated as RA5 (am pretty sure you can get these about 2 levels prior to the rated level)

2 missions types that are missing.

1) the "Hostile Encounter" missions where you get hailed by an enemy as soon as you enter the system and have to defeat 6 patrols. I think that this mission has a variant in that you can either get the hail from the enemy or a hail from starfleet telling you about some religious group that wants to visit the planet for a pilgrimage.

2) a 2 variant investigate derelict ships mission where you scan 1, then 2 more, and finally another 2 each time looking for more accurate info on what kind of weapons were used to destroy them. one variant is just fly from one to another. the other has you either sneaking past of fighting enemies who are scattered near (but not always right next to) the ships you have to scan.

plus there is a variant of the secure sector where instead of an asteroid base to defend you have to defend a damaged ship against 3 waves of enemies, 2 sets of 2 patrols and a heavier "boss"
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOJET
2 things mission that i can recall

1) the "Hostile Encounter" missions where you get hailed by an enemy as soon as you enter the system and have to defeat 6 patrols. I think that this mission has a variant in that you can either get the hail from the enemy or a hail from starfleet telling you about some religious group that wants to visit the planet for a pilgrimage.

2) a 2 variant investigate derelict ships mission where you scan 1, then 2 more, and finally another 2 each time looking for more accurate info on what kind of weapons were used to destroy them. one variant is just fly from one to another. the other has you either sneaking past of fighting enemies who are scattered near (but not always right next to) the ships you have to scan.
I'll keep these in mind and credit you when I add them, but I haven't run into these mission types yet.

EDIT FEB 18:: Ran into "Hostile Encounter" last night when the webpage was down. Updated this morning, it is actually a variant of "Secure System"; your name is listed under this variant in ().
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post
I'll keep these in mind and credit you when I add them, but I haven't run into these mission types yet.
just edited my post to include some more info.

also check the link in my sig if want to know more about what DS9 vendors sell (seem to recall someone mentioning wanting more info)
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Could a moderator sticky this, please. It is well written and accurate.

Good work OP!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-17-2010, 06:49 PM
So I put points in to plasma projectile and energy weapons. I can't find any where that sells rare ship weapons for that type. I only see antiproton and tricobalt rares for sale at the omega fleet. Are they planning to put in rare weapons of other types? Should I just bite the bullet and take buy the antiproton and tricobalt stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-17-2010, 09:38 PM
If I'm exploring unknown systems, why do I know everyone there and they all know me... ???
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-17-2010, 10:11 PM
forget glue. self sealing stimbolts for this one.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcatter
So I put points in to plasma projectile and energy weapons. I can't find any where that sells rare ship weapons for that type. I only see antiproton and tricobalt rares for sale at the omega fleet. Are they planning to put in rare weapons of other types? Should I just bite the bullet and take buy the antiproton and tricobalt stuff?
Sorry Madcatter, I only just hit Com. Grade 1 last night, I'm not yet high enough in level to explore the answer to your question.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-18-2010, 12:58 PM
very nice writeup ! one note on ground the mission types where you have to scan items while enemies are on he map:

it is a tremendous timesaver to send your BOs into the fight while you stay back and and do the scan. then proceed to the next item to be scanned and call in your BOs using the "set rally point" option.They will break off their current engagements and once the new fight is en route, scan your next mission objective.

Doing so you will not get much loot or skill points, but you will finish the mission in one quarter of the time it would take to fight down all hostiles
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoody View Post
very nice writeup ! one note on ground the mission types where you have to scan items while enemies are on he map:

it is a tremendous timesaver to send your BOs into the fight while you stay back and and do the scan. then proceed to the next item to be scanned and call in your BOs using the "set rally point" option.They will break off their current engagements and once the new fight is en route, scan your next mission objective.

Doing so you will not get much loot or skill points, but you will finish the mission in one quarter of the time it would take to fight down all hostiles
Nice tip! I'll have to give that a try before Cryptic gets around to circumventing it.