Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-18-2010, 03:54 PM
That's cool I'm pretty sure they don't exist lol. If someone else knows though please speak up.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Unsure if this is a bug, exploit, or otherwise a "no no", but you can save up the 'Aid the Planet' missions. I've saved up to three, personally. And, if you have the willpower and the resources, you can collect all the required provisions, fly back to the relevant exploration sector, and turn them all in.

It sometimes takes a few minutes, for me anyway, for the little tabs of "Continue mission such-and-such" to appear.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-18-2010, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr905 View Post
Unsure if this is a bug, exploit, or otherwise a "no no", but you can save up the 'Aid the Planet' missions. I've saved up to three, personally. And, if you have the willpower and the resources, you can collect all the required provisions, fly back to the relevant exploration sector, and turn them all in.

It sometimes takes a few minutes, for me anyway, for the little tabs of "Continue mission such-and-such" to appear.
There's never been official word on that and even so it doesn't seem like that big a deal to me. If it's not supposed to work that way we'll see it changed later; but for now, that's what used to do; and it really is a pretty efficient way to do "Aid The Planet".

Got tired of messing with 'em though, so more often then not I just drop the quest and look to the next anomaly.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Wow, OP ... how you managed to get so much out of the process of running around and pressing the "F" key, I will never know. You are truly gifted. Godspeed.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-19-2010, 12:44 AM
er....Thanks.....I think?

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic are not; but hey, questions are asked about this stuff all the time. Just figured I'd make it easier to find the answers is all.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-19-2010, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcatter
So I put points in to plasma projectile and energy weapons. I can't find any where that sells rare ship weapons for that type. I only see antiproton and tricobalt rares for sale at the omega fleet. Are they planning to put in rare weapons of other types? Should I just bite the bullet and take buy the antiproton and tricobalt stuff?
do not recall seeing any blue named (rare) weapons for plasma in ship requisitions, but there were green named ones for plasma.

honestly have not checked the vendors for the daily reward badges yet, but have been told those are purple (very rare) types but do not know what kinds are available.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-19-2010, 04:54 AM
Great guide!

Perhaps you could include a mention of at which "level" you gain access to the various quest NPC's...?

I'm currently Commander 1, and love exploration missions (so, sue me :p ). I'm currently only able to explore up to level 2 badge systems.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VainEldritch View Post
Great guide!

Perhaps you could include a mention of at which "level" you gain access to the various quest NPC's...?

I'm currently Commander 1, and love exploration missions (so, sue me :p ). I'm currently only able to explore up to level 2 badge systems.
The rank and grade are already being listed next to the NPC you gain the explore quest from. The only exception is the Eridan Belt as I haven't reached that far yet and someone hasn't given me a rank/grade that you gain access to it.

I just gained access to the AFEHIRR NEBULA last night at Commander Grade 5. 3rd Order Badges from there, so just hang in there, you've almost got the next tier.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Great posts OP!!! subscirbed and saved to my personal library.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Great posts OP!!! subscirbed and saved to my personal library.
Thanks! Glad you liked it.