Lt. Commander
# 31 But what about Klingons?
02-27-2010, 12:22 PM
Klingons need exploration badges, too (there are shops that require thm).

Where do Klingons get those missions?
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post

AFEHIRR NEBULA

LOCATION:Psi Velorum Sector Block, Mylasa Sector, Once there, Head EAST.
OBTAINED FROM: Lt. Anek; Com. Grade 5
BADGE OF EXPLORATION:3rd Order. 75 Badges per quest turn in.
Explore Three (3) Unknown Systems.
I just got Afehirr Nebula Explore Mission from Lt Anek at Commander 3. They must have changed this.

Whrl
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-28-2010, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whrlwnd13 View Post
I just got Afehirr Nebula Explore Mission from Lt Anek at Commander 3. They must have changed this.

Whrl
Gotcha, updating now.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavis-0
Klingons need exploration badges, too (there are shops that require thm).

Where do Klingons get those missions?
Updated with some Klingon Exploration Info. Vendors are on the Live Servers, and Star Cluster Names are on the Galaxy Map, though the clusters don't seem accessible yet. I don't PvP so advancing Klingon Command Quests to find out if anything drops into that line up sadly is not within my sights. Please drop a line in this thread if you have any further information concerning Klingon Exploration and I will add it to the guide. (With proper credit given, of course).
Lt. Commander
# 35 must have for everybody
06-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Hi Sir,

Congratulations dude, as if you where reading My mind ! This is DEFINATELY a MUST HAVE for every player that takes STO seriously !!!

Soon our voices must become one, or one must leave

Allfather
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-14-2010, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskaton777 View Post
Hi Sir,

Congratulations dude, as if you where reading My mind ! This is DEFINATELY a MUST HAVE for every player that takes STO seriously !!!

Soon our voices must become one, or one must leave

Allfather
Glad you like it!

I haven't been able to update because my account expired and I have no disposable income atm. Soon as I can afford to though, I'll gladly get back on top of this and update it for klingons and to move the information more into line with what the updates have been giving.
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-14-2010, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post
Klingon Exploration Quests

Klingon Exploration is IN, Finally some PvE content for Klingons. It isn't much, but it IS a start. Klingon Cluster Missions center around conquering various civilizations or preventing the Federation from gaining a foothold too close to Klingon space. More info at a later date.
Actually, I found there is a decided lack in conquest in Klingon Exploration Missions. But they feature some new concent, which made them interesting.

Ground missions typically ask you to destroy objects. So far I've encountered tribbles ( Too many of those in my opinion), computer consoles and weapon caches.
Space missions involve destroying enemy ships, klingon ship wrecks, or destroying biodomes on asteroids.

I don't remember any mission names off-hand, so this is just a rough outline not quite up to the standards set by the excellent initial posts by madjik.

Destroy Objects (Ground)
Different scenarios exist.
- Destroy computer consoles on the wreck of a Klingon vessel
- Kill heaps of tribble found across an allied base (typically involves a race as an ally that's an enemy on the Federation side)
- Destroy weapon caches.

A variation (typically on planets) has a final mission goal where you have to reconfigure some device, for example to track the originator of the weapon caches or avoid the Borg potentially getting vital information.

Defend Planet (Ground)
Enemies are attacking a Klingon planet. You deal with the final group. Simple "kill all enemies" mission.
(Noticed that a few of them are bugged with enemies on top of or even inside buildings. It seems you can get them out or down with some experimentation, walking around or firing around)

Destroy Klingon Ship Wrecks (Space)
This mission kinda mirrors the "Investigate Ship" missions on the Federation side.

You find several wrecks of Klingon ships and have to destroy them from space before the enemy can disassemble and reverse engineer them. IIRC, all these missions also include enemy vessels, but you don't have to destroy them. (Since you have Cloak, it's easier to avoid them - just decloak to destroy the ship, retreat and once you can reactivate cloak, do it and head to the next space. Easier with Battlecloak, obviously.)

Destroy Biodomes (Space)
Federation or other races has installed Biodomes. Some are just for agricultural purposes, others breed tribbles as part of the project. I think the latter variant also requires you to destroy all enemy ships.

The biodomes are spread across several large asteroids, there can be 2 o 3 of them on an asteroid. A single High Yield I Photon Torpedo can destroy one dome.

Secure Sector (Space)
Pretty much like the Federation missions. Either you're under attack immediately or you protect an asteroid base.

---

I hope there are plans to add more variety and particularly more "conquest" stuff. Way too often it seems as if the Klingons just are simple defenders, instead of waging a war... While the Federation seems overly agressive. And, Tribbles are fun in moderation, but repeatedly going out to "hunt" tribbles ... Meh.
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-14-2010, 08:58 AM
very very nice done...

actually lot of ppl search for specific enemies to work on their accolades...

maybe it would be a nice addition to add typical enemies in the different culsters/nebulas...

Greets Colo
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonius
very very nice done...

actually lot of ppl search for specific enemies to work on their accolades...

maybe it would be a nice addition to add typical enemies in the different culsters/nebulas...

Greets Colo
That is an excellent Idea. Accolades were not yet released when my account lapsed so the need for this idea wasn't a priority. With the new content now though...

...It may be a while before i'm able to come back though.

And thanks MustrumRidcully, for your contribution. I haven't played around with Klingon exploration yet, so the guide is lacking in that area.
Lt. Commander
# 40 Quest Broken?
12-13-2012, 12:22 PM
I've been flying around the Delta Volcanis sector for hours. In that time I've explored more than five unknown systems and completed the quests in them yet the quest still shows on my quest list. What do you have to do to complete it and have it drop from your quest list? The only thing it says to do when I check my active quests is to "report in," but it doesn't tell me who to report to. I've tried hailing starfleet and have gone to admiral quinn but no luck. I'd like to get my dilithium.