Lt. Commander
# 1 "Fleet Only" events
02-13-2010, 03:08 PM
we would love to have the ability to have fleet events where we can have only fleet members in the instance.

nothing worse than trying to kill the crystaline entity and some noob comes in and kills all the large crystals without hitting the smalls.

love the instance. but can we control who enters our instance?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 03:20 PM
I second this. We need a can of "Pug Be Gone" so we can attenpt to actually be successful at events like "Crystaline Catastraphy". We can't even get all our fleet into the same instance because the pugs just flock in.

Fleets need more options like the ability to start our own instance with the ability to invite and boot from the instance.

RAID GROUP OPTIONS!!!!! This is a must! Every MMO has it as they should. This one should incorporate that also.

And on a personal note, I'd like a flying toilet as my ship with the ability to throw poo as a jamming device!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 03:32 PM
I third this just because there are people who intentionally go into these things to screw things up for others...probably the same people who keep trolling STO on the forums. In other words, people who are just trying to make the game experience bad for others.

That said, the Crystalline Entity could use a slight nerf on its own anyway...when it's at like 30% it spawns way too many shards; no way everyone can avoid them all, and that's why it suddenly heals up a whole bunch. Makes it impossible.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 03:45 PM
That would be great we can only hope and cross our fingers
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 04:09 PM
I Quad this eMotion. Fighting the Crystaline Entity is great.
I hope they dont make a patch to make it easier to destroy it, beacuse It's the only real chalange i have seen in STO sofar.
Which needs the teamwork of a Fleet to Defeat.

Cryptic, Please give us an option to enter a instance with our entire fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Full ack, this is needed badly!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 04:25 PM
Interesting idea... Personally, I can think of two games where a few "guilds" monopolized entire areas of content to the point where no one bothered to even play them anymore....except the groups that monopolized it in the first place... they essentially turned normal game experiences into member-only events... Not that I'm against this particular idea...as it's too vague...

Would be a shame to assist in this country-club membership based gaming though imho... The "fleet mentality" is already turning chat into a big circle-j@@k of group popularity...

but hey..I guess everyone wants to be in a club... sorta like high school =D
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at_Tanagra
I Quad this eMotion. Fighting the Crystaline Entity is great.
I hope they dont make a patch to make it easier to destroy it, beacuse It's the only real chalange i have seen in STO sofar.
Which needs the teamwork of a Fleet to Defeat.

Cryptic, Please give us an option to enter a instance with our entire fleet.
There's a difference between challenge and cheating. The Crystalline Entity is cheating at the moment.

Now, mind, I'm not against difficulty. I'd like some more, actually. I just want to see it done in a way that isn't "Kay I'm at low health better go into The Last Starfighter mode!"

EDIT: I'd like to actually add that I don't mind the spamming of shooting stuff, because that alone would be fine. It's the fact that it causes the fragments to shatter and turn into massive amounts of healing fragments that then add forty or more percent back onto its HP that's the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2010, 05:17 PM
actually.. the shards can be taken care of by a single kiter.. but all it takes is one nub to shoot the wrong thing and all goes to h@ll. serious tactics and thought are required. but i have proved it is do-able.

as for country club in sto.. umm. i like playing with people who are not there to mess others up intentionally.
i will play with everyone when everyone has the same objective.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someGit View Post
Interesting idea... Personally, I can think of two games where a few "guilds" monopolized entire areas of content to the point where no one bothered to even play them anymore....except the groups that monopolized it in the first place... they essentially turned normal game experiences into member-only events... Not that I'm against this particular idea...as it's too vague...

Would be a shame to assist in this country-club membership based gaming though imho... The "fleet mentality" is already turning chat into a big circle-j@@k of group popularity...

but hey..I guess everyone wants to be in a club... sorta like high school =D

Country Club Membership? Dude are you serious? They're called Clans, Guilds, and Now Fleets. It's not about being elitist. It's about having a community of people with the same interests and common goals and an understanding of teamwork to accomplish send goals.

It's not about monopolizing anything. It's about having content that an established community can play without having unknown people coming into it and ruining the effort, experience, fun and teamwork that was invested to the instance.

In-game antisocial people like you should resist the urge to post on topics you have no clue about. Obviously you never experienced the aspect of community. Maybe trolling, assumed by your post count, but you obviously have never been part of something bigger than yourself.

Selfish ******* =P