Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2010, 10:00 AM
how do you monopolize instanced content?

this isn't lineage 2 where one alliance of clans can lock down an area and constantly pk anyone else who tries to use it while their own members farm it nonstop.

edit: i too would like to see fleet only instances available, or the option to set your instance to your fleet or raid group. would probably require the implementation of raid groups first.

since cryptic tends to be a bit newbish when it comes to mmo terms, i'll define a raid group as a group of groups. a typical raid group might consist of up to 8 five man groups. for this purpose raids would need a special interface.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspar21 View Post
we would love to have the ability to have fleet events where we can have only fleet members in the instance.

nothing worse than trying to kill the crystaline entity and some noob comes in and kills all the large crystals without hitting the smalls.

love the instance. but can we control who enters our instance?
This would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzin
Country Club Membership? Dude are you serious? They're called Clans, Guilds, and Now Fleets. It's not about being elitist. It's about having a community of people with the same interests and common goals and an understanding of teamwork to accomplish send goals.

It's not about monopolizing anything. It's about having content that an established community can play without having unknown people coming into it and ruining the effort, experience, fun and teamwork that was invested to the instance.

In-game antisocial people like you should resist the urge to post on topics you have no clue about. Obviously you never experienced the aspect of community. Maybe trolling, assumed by your post count, but you obviously have never been part of something bigger than yourself.

Selfish ******* =P
Actually you did just describe a country club type of environment, in your definition to defend that it wasn't a country club.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someGit View Post
Interesting idea... Personally, I can think of two games where a few "guilds" monopolized entire areas of content to the point where no one bothered to even play them anymore....except the groups that monopolized it in the first place... they essentially turned normal game experiences into member-only events... Not that I'm against this particular idea...as it's too vague...

Would be a shame to assist in this country-club membership based gaming though imho... The "fleet mentality" is already turning chat into a big circle-j@@k of group popularity...

but hey..I guess everyone wants to be in a club... sorta like high school =D
True, anyone who has played the first original release of EQ knows about super guilds. Historically though devs avoid this format as it only caters to a very small percentage of the audience. 20-30 person teams seem to be the new magic number for large group activities.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2010, 11:28 AM
I agree with the OP
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyrogers
Actually you did just describe a country club type of environment, in your definition to defend that it wasn't a country club.
No, a country club you pay money to be a part of it. You don't need to work as a team heck you don't even have to have to be good at the sport. You just pay your dues and act like a snotty little rich b.....
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-14-2010, 11:57 AM
It'd be nice if there could be some kind of matchmaking system in place on the instance controllers to prevent people from being forced into combat instances with people on their ignore list-- or even just to notify them of an instance with people on their ignore list in it.

Instance #45
1 teammate, 2 friends, 1 ignored.

That way people who you've already identified as persona non grata, whether because of griefing or just idiotic play, could be more easily avoided. Considering some of the low player limits on some of the combat instances, being able to avoid one or two troublemakers can make a big difference.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by someGit View Post
Interesting idea... Personally, I can think of two games where a few "guilds" monopolized entire areas of content to the point where no one bothered to even play them anymore....except the groups that monopolized it in the first place... they essentially turned normal game experiences into member-only events... Not that I'm against this particular idea...as it's too vague...

Would be a shame to assist in this country-club membership based gaming though imho... The "fleet mentality" is already turning chat into a big circle-j@@k of group popularity...

but hey..I guess everyone wants to be in a club... sorta like high school =D
Exactly. While not the OPs intention, the idea reeks of elitism. Once elitists dominate a game its pretty much ruined at that point.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phasetran9
True, anyone who has played the first original release of EQ knows about super guilds. Historically though devs avoid this format as it only caters to a very small percentage of the audience. 20-30 person teams seem to be the new magic number for large group activities.
For your information the Devs avoid that format because more people don't want to wait 4 hours before a guild is ready and has enough members on to raid a stupid dragon that takes 150 people to kill it and drops 2 pieces of loot. That is why most MMO's make raidable events 12 to 24 person raids. Hmmm Fleet Actions are20 person. At least crypic got that right. Now if they only can make them Fleet optional.

So you're against a community of players actually being successful at what they do and enjoy because you're envious of what they can accomplished as a group over your solo play or your poor leadership in prior guilds? This is a MMO (Masive Multiplayer Online) it was meant to be played with friends. Don't get upset because some clans/guilds/fleets are more successful than others.

BTW I've seen 20-30 people clans even you would consider Super Guilds.

Besides, why the hell are we talking about Super Guilds in the first place? We just want to be able to play this game as a Fleet, not with randoms idiots that will not listen to any advice or work in a team environment.

After all Fleet Actions are to be played as a team. Why not allow established teams, AKA FLEETS be able to do them without the interferance of outsider.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos23 View Post
Exactly. While not the OPs intention, the idea reeks of elitism. Once elitists dominate a game its pretty much ruined at that point.
So the idea of having a fleet is elitism? So why have Fleets in this game if they are all elitist? Some of you will argue any point.

So explain to me how a successful guild/fleet/clan ruin a game for everyone else when the game is basically PvE? How is it that if you plan a raid in a game that does instances that an elitist guild can ruin it for you?

We all know that the PvP portion of the game sucks so far so if you are here for the PvP you will be disappointed.