Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
First, I do appreciate that the TOS skirts are finally available to characters. However, I have noticed some additional issues. These are not bugs, nor are they game breaking. However, I would like to see them added to the "to do" list at some point.

First, there still does not appear to be any form of Mirror Universe uniform parts available to female characters. Not tops, sashes, skirts, nor boots. Unless they are hidden under a dropdown menu combination I haven't thought to check yet.

For the TOS uniforms, there does not appear to be a matching top to go with the skirt. The only option is the TOS "Kirk" shirt. I seem to remember that the female uniforms in TOS had a lower cut to the neck - hardly scandalously low, but not the near-turtleneck that the male shirts have. However, I suspect this may be related to the next issue.

Almost none of the skin textures, complexions, or color patterns seem to have any effect on the legs used with the skirts. The only exception appears to be Trill and Joined Trill, who do have spots. None of the other skin textures seem to have an equivalent though, not even the ones such as Saurian scales or Tendrils, which could be reasonably assumed to affect the entire body. Nor do any of the other color patterns seem to have any effect, such as the spots or stripes patterns.

I realize that adding all of them *just* for the skirts would be a massive amount of work for very little effect. However, I am hoping that we might at some point have access to casual or "off duty" costumes that could make use of more complete skin textures. (Not to mention NPCs that could be reasonably assumed to wear something besides fully bodysuits and jumpsuits all the time.)

And as long as I'm wishing for a pony, I'd like to suggest the option for different hand styles. For some races, it would be a nice and visually distinctive feature to be able to select different hands - three and four fingered, in addition to the human five fingered, as well as clawed and webbed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Very good points!

Luckily i am a Joined Trill so I don't mind the lack of skin options.

I guess they prioritised the Trill one since the skirts are only available if you got Digital Deluxe Edition, and Digital Deluxe Edition also gives you the Joined Trill Character, so about 50% of DDE owners will be playing as joined trills. So if the legs had not matched, there would be a lot of angry people.

It is a shame they did not include proper boot options or tights options (tights = pantyhose, I'm from UK), but then it is nice being able to show off the Trill spots.

The top definatley looks wrong though... for the time being I'm using Wrath of Khan top with TOS skirt. Looks quite nice.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Yes, I forgot to mention tights with the skirts. Adding an option for "skirts with tights" would actually help to offset the lack of skin textures.

In general though, I do hope that skin textures are on the list of things they might add as they have more time. In addition to the skirts or similar clothing for Starfleet characters, there's the entire Klingon faction. Custom aliens using the Tendrils texture or any of the color patterns look more than a bit odd in the default KDF outfit, and the flat default skin is quite noticeable when contrasted to many of the skin textures.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 09:35 PM
Overall, I would have to say that female costume options have been handled very poorly in this game, and communication from Cryptic regarding when/if they will be fixed has been handled even worse.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Actually, I can't even put skirts on my female B/O's. The option just isn't there, if I make a new captain its there. But thats not useful to me. Anyone else have this problem? I haven't seen anyone else comment on it yet.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsadoom View Post
Actually, I can't even put skirts on my female B/O's. The option just isn't there, if I make a new captain its there. But thats not useful to me. Anyone else have this problem? I haven't seen anyone else comment on it yet.
My character cant use skirts either.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Hurray for thread necromancy! "I command thee to rise from the dead!"

Axl: Do you have the TOS uniforms unlocked? Either with the Digital Deluxe Edition, or with the code in this month's issue of Massively Online Gamer? (I think that's the title.) If you don't have access to that uniform unlock, then there's currently no other way to use skirts. Which is working as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-29-2010, 03:44 PM
The TOS uniform code is in May/June issue of Beckett Massive Online Gamer (Spock's face on cover). http://massiveonlinegamer.com

I'd pay for the mirror universe costumes, grudgingly given the amount of my money already in Cryptic's hands. I bought the collector's edition at Best Buy, so I'm fuggered.

And where is the clothing variety for darksiders? Orion's captain uniforms, nudge nudge wink wink already. kthxbai
Lt. Commander
# 9 skirts |A|RRRRGGGG
04-09-2010, 05:47 AM
While I have searched relentlessly for skirts I have found no where for the option to even drop how do you do it or find it ....is a drop down im missing or what..... please help Im tired of looking like one of Charlie's angles
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-09-2010, 05:52 AM
you need to buy the DDE version of the game, or a certain magazine or sign up to some site I forgot to unlock the skirts/tos uniforms.

Skirts will then be found in the pants/lower menu for female characters.