Lt. Commander
# 21
02-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash2382 View Post
Didn't Data die at the ent of Nemisis
Yes. But something over looked. What was Data trying to do in the movie? Copy himself into his "brother." So the question is, what song does his "brother" start whistling at the very end? If you can answer that, you can figure the rest out.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirurza View Post
Yes. But something over looked. What was Data trying to do in the movie? Copy himself into his "brother." So the question is, what song does his "brother" start whistling at the very end? If you can answer that, you can figure the rest out.
Well, seeing as how in Encounter At Farpoint (and mentioned by Riker in Nemesis), Riker found Data trying to whistle "Pop Goes the Weasel", and B-4 at the end of Nemesis is trying to sing "Blue Skies" by Irving Berlin, not sure what you're trying to get at.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansapien
He was only mostly dead.
It was just a flesh wound.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirurza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon47
Well, seeing as how in Encounter At Farpoint (and mentioned by Riker in Nemesis), Riker found Data trying to whistle "Pop Goes the Weasel", and B-4 at the end of Nemesis is trying to sing "Blue Skies" by Irving Berlin, not sure what you're trying to get at.
... whistling? Weasel?

B4 starts to try singing, as was said, Blue Skies by Irving Berlin... which is the same song Data had learned, and sung, at Riker and Troy's wedding earlier in the film. Whistling and Pop Goes the Weasel don't really factor in here, that was just Riker reminiscing about Data's on screen debut.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-16-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
fix'd.
===
Yaeh somewhere in the backstory is some stuff about the daystrom institute making B4 INTO data or something.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
He was only mostly dead.
So his emotion chip must have been enabled to allow him to experience true love.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Yeah ... for all the time they spent strengthening the rights of artificial life forms, they seemed to have no problem eliminating B4's personality in favour of Data's.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-16-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't think they eliminated B4's personality I think Data's took over after a while. In the Path to 2409 article for 2385 it mentions that Geordi and the Daystrom Institute unlocked the Data matrix within B4. After that point the Data persona overtook the more primative B4 programming. After that point Data worked with the engineers to upgrade the B4 body and programming to what he previously had. The way the article is written it doesn't sound to me like they intentionally killed B4 to bring back Data, but when they tried to unlock the Data persona it overwrote B4 unintentionally.

Although in Nemesis Geordi and Data had the very discussion that giving B4 Data's memories would make him exactly like Data if the transfer worked. So it seems to me like that was essentially Data's plan all along, although not to the extent it became. If anything this all sounds like something Data did, not Geordi or the Daystrom Institute.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
He was only mostly dead.
LOL! Thread winner here...
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuHull View Post
LOL! Thread winner here...
Sorry, I had to say you have a great signature there lol..... had me laughing for a while.