Lt. Commander
# 1 2/13/10 Patch: Bad. VERY bad.
02-13-2010, 06:40 PM
WTF, Cryptic??? Your latest patch is a piece of (4 letter word!) I really have no idea what you folks are smoking, but cut it out.

I log in and get kicked right back out. I log in again and get kicked right back out again. So I wait a few minutes and try again. This time I get in and that's it. Nothing. I can't move my ship, none of the key mashing I do does anything. Then I get kicked out again. WTF???

So, I wait about 30 minutes and try again, figuring that what's happening is due to lag from peak hours. Nothing. I keep timing out try after try. So I say "(4 letter word) it." and take a nap. 4 hours later I decide to try again, thinking "Surely, I should be able to get in now...." and PRESTO! I'm in. YAY! But now my interfaced is all (4 letter worded) up. My bridge officers are no longer in their assigned roles and my ship controls are completely (4 letter worded.) WTF???

I try to ask for help in the "Zone" chat channel but its gone. Completely gone. After spending a good 7-8 minutes going through all the of the different "social" settings looking for a way to get "Zone" chat access back, I give up and head to Sol Spacedock to at least empty my inventory. Upon arrival, "Zone" chat access is restored. Finally! Something is going right today. I should have quit right there and gone back to sleep.

After emptying inventory and fixing my interface and sharing a few thoughts about it all in "Zone" chat, I head out to knock off the rest of the LtC missions I still have in my log. I go straight to Hromi Cluster to complete those. They should be super easy and take no time at all since I am Captain 9 and Explore Hromi Cluster is like LtC4 or something. I like taking on bad guys from mission 20 some levels below me. Puts a smile on my face. I like that.

So, I go in and the first one is eliminate the defenders. This will be quick, I thought. And it was. The Orion Crusier I engaged first three shotted me. HOW THE (4 LETTER WORD!) CAN AN EMENY IN A MISSION MORE THAN 20 LEVELS BELOW ME 3 SHOT ME???????? WTF?????? Not learning my lesson, I respawn and go back in. This time the Orion Cruiser four shots me. WTF?????? Seriously, what the (4 LETTER WORD) is going on here? It wasn't like this a few days ago when I got bored with doing missions at my level and came over this way for some easy pickings. I quit the mission and finish out Hromi with 3 super quick and easy "pan and scans." Thank God for "pan and scans."

I go to hail Starfleet and nothing. I check my mission log to make sure Explore Hromi Cluster is still there like it was before I went in and find its gone. WTF is going on with STO today??? Then I remember today was another patch day. So I scroll my combat screen and it looks like completion was automatic. Whew! I actually breathed a sigh of releif. WIth Hromi behind me, I decide to move on to Defend Pi Canis, which is also 20 some levels below me. But I know better than to relax. If Hromi was (4 letter worded,) Pi Canis will probably be (4 letter worded.) And it was. But something even more (4 letter worded) up happened in Pi Canis.

I took on a single Klingon battle cruiser alone. With its first shot it knocked me down to 28% but I was able to dispose of it after about a minute and a half of fighting. WTF???? Then I took on another ship, this time a Neg'var and it was basically a stalemate for over 2 minutes. Neither one of us could take either of us down below 95%. WTF???? THEN! a Lt Cmdr in a little itty bitty cruiser comes along and 3 shots the Neg'var. 3SHOTS!!! WTF????

Whatever the (4 letter word) you did in this last patch, you need to fix it. And fast.

I don't care what your reasoning is. If I'm level 39 taking on a mission thats more than 20 levels below me, there sure as (4 letter word) better be NPCs in that mission that are also more than 20 levels below me. Period. If this continues, I'm gone. I tried to cancel my subscription just so you'd know I'm serious, but I read that little thing where once I cancel I can no longer post on the forums. Which in itself is bull(4 letter word.)

I have loved this game until now. But you folks have got to make up your mind about whether you want to keep players or just (4 letter word) with them for their money.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 07:00 PM
tl;dr.

The ranting on this board is getting annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Somebody with such a limited vocabulary such as "WTF", is not going to be taken very seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Somebody with such a limited vocabulary such as "WTF", is not going to be taken very seriously.
What the (4 letter word) are you talking about??????
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 07:25 PM
I thought Cluster/Explore missions auto scaled to your level? so if your level 39, you would be fighting a level 39 orion cruiser?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Yeah, because anybody not in your small circle of life is wrong. You need to get out more if you think communication quality is dictated to your social sphere.

I didn't have a problem with zone chat but saw that people were, I didn't notice a difference in enemy potency, but they might be getting buffed up to your level. You should check to see if others are seeing the same people hit as hard as they are hitting you. Check you combat log for actual numbers and compare those with somebody else or with an alt of your own.

How f'n hard is it to read this post and understand what is being said, break it down into the specific problems and either reply or go away without comment. tools.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 07:37 PM
seems like alot of his issues are user end lol ive been in all day other than when the server pooped and everything is working fine yest the clusters do scale i think thats pretty cool. as for WTF waah 4 letter word your pc and 3 letter word your internet company
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2010, 07:50 PM
If my ship's shields were as solid as the OP's wall of text, I'd be invincible.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2010, 07:53 PM
/bug it, fwancis.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Purple beams, and multicolored quantum looking torpedos, maybe?
Those are polaron and chroniton devices.
They screw with your ship. Take your energy reserves down, force systems temporarily offline.
Sounds like that might have been what happened.
That, or Pebkac.