Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
Ah, I see, YOU are the troll then. You had it backwards. Or thats what I call the ppl that come here just to trash the game. Especially if liking the game has nothing to do with your thread



NO! Dont do it... that one guy that had a billion links showing exactly this might come back :p

No where am I "Trashing" the game. I am pointing out flaws in an honest, non malicious, way in order to facilitate improving the game. My comments are intended to be helpful to this community.

Trolls on the other hand dont want open logical discourse. Insteadf they only to to trash someones opinion that they disagree without facts in a cliff clavin, ignorant, sort of way.


To re iterate on the comment you decided to troll. Engineer and Science specced players are NOT required to skill up a certain ship type to improve their class abilities, where as, Tactical specced players are REQUIRED to skill up a certain ship type IF they choose to improve a class ability [Attack Pattern Alpha], and in addition they have to spec a ground based skill [Security] to improve a space based [and ground based] ability [Tactical Team].

Now if you have something factual to add to the the thread by all means, however passing off your point of view as undebatable fact is not required.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-13-2010, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtauntaun View Post
You have some points, but you are dead wrong about the missions. Are you even reading them? Because there are a LOT that are just awesome.
The Fed side is much more polished than the Klingon Side. I have seen some very nice missions on the Fed side.

On a side note someone said that klingons would have PvP as their main content. Nothing wrong with that however what we have is not PvP content. Queing up into 5 man PvP matches all day over and over is not content. Content has story related goals. The PvP system we current have does nothing but level and gear your character, and have no meaning once completed.

Starfleet and the Klingon Empire are at War. That is the state of reality in this game and the game should offer rules so that all actions and consequences of this War should apply. Now these rules should not overly effect those who wish to avoid conflict. However we are roleplaying a command officer in a Navy that is in a State of War.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldelver View Post
Klingon side has almost 0 content
Space combat is not a full x/y/z 360 model
the 43+ gear in the latest patch is sub par
the quality control is sub par
the customer service is almost non existant
the ground combat game is completely exploitable
server bandwith and lag are sub par
the PvP system is horrid
Klingons and Feds are at war but Feds randomly roam klingon space without consequence
O klingon crafting
leveling was wayyyyyy to easy with nothing to do at the end
tactical specced players MUST skill up escort to get full effect of spec abilities
klingon players have to wait 45 days for content that should have been available at release
most klingon players will have out leveled 90% of the 45 day content patch
no end game pvp territory gain or loss war content and nothing suggesting there will be any
instancing of cities/space stations takes away from the feel of the game.
only being able to spec 16 t5 skill points
the ability to stay connected is subpar
ship items changing or disappearing
nothing but epic engineers (do epic tacticle officers even exist?) from 40-45 for 90% of your players

on a positive note the graphics are decent
as is the customization of characters
the potential is only limited by the imagination/ attitude of the dev team

I have played/beta tested/ wokred in the mmo industry for almost 15years dating back to muds and over 30 years in the RPG field. This game has a ton of potential, and can be one of the greats, however Crytic needs to become much more customer friendly by adding bandwith, hiring more Q/A, hiring more GM's and customer server agents. Additionally they shouild setting up forum team leads for each race, class, PvP, and PvE. These folks needs to be understanding, and address the needs of your players base, in a timely fashion.

Another thing. Cryptic and the fanboys, need to be tolerant of those players who are unsatisfied with the current state of this game. People like myself who take the time to post honest, non malicious, threads that point out actual flaws in the game are a valuable source of information into the mindset of your player base. Keeping us playing, with minimal stoppages and lag, solid PvP and PvE goals and content will keep us happy and the monthly payments rolling in.

Making light of, looking down on, not taking our threads serious, not communicating honestly and openly with us, not fixing the server uptime and lag issues or addressing the issues I and others have posted without pride or prejudice will lead to a huge loss of player base and revenue. Remeber you might have worked your fingers to the bone to create this world, and you should be proud of that work, but not at the cost of your player base.

Very few online games become truly successful, but most fall to the way side because the forget that, to make money and be successful in this industry, you have to take care of your players!
I only agree with 100% of what he said!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldelver View Post
No where am I "Trashing" the game. I am pointing out flaws in an honest, non malicious, way in order to facilitate improving the game. My comments are intended to be helpful to this community.

Trolls on the other hand dont want open logical discourse. Insteadf they only to to trash someones opinion that they disagree without facts in a cliff clavin, ignorant, sort of way.


To re iterate on the comment you decided to troll. Engineer and Science specced players are NOT required to skill up a certain ship type to improve their class abilities, where as, Tactical specced players are REQUIRED to skill up a certain ship type IF they choose to improve a class ability [Attack Pattern Alpha], and in addition they have to spec a ground based skill [Security] to improve a space based [and ground based] ability [Tactical Team].

Now if you have something factual to add to the the thread by all means, however passing off your point of view as undebatable fact is not required.
So if a Science run character runs a Escort, they have full access to all their respective level skills? I thought Escorts only had 1 Science Ensign slot not 1 LT slot and a Ensign slot
You can ONLY use attack pattern alpha in an escort type ship?

Edit: I just got in my Science ship and used it so thats not the case
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-13-2010, 10:47 PM
To the OP, I agree with much of what you wrote and disagreed with some as well.

Here are a few points of my own:

1. To those that complain about, no "end game" content...Cryptic has already added lvl 45+ content in the game's second week! That is the most responsive I've ever seen an MMO developer get. Second point on same topic, I will never understand those players who get through 60+ hours of content in less than 2 weeks (and Cryptic claims its 80 hours). These very same people treat the game like a job, or their life, and then complain that the Devs did not anticipate players treating their game like a job or their life.

2. Cryptic needs to add more, non-combat content to the game in the next major patch. There really are a large number of customers out there, who love the spirit of what Star Trek is supposed to be. Sure its fine to have a war with Klingon or Romulan or Borg factions, but there is not enough humanitarian missions going on, in light of this "massive" war.

3. Fleet Tools:

* Fleet tags in-game are needed.

* Fleet Bank tabs should not cost 1 million credits. They should be based on the number of members,
perhaps 1 tab for every 10 members would be good.

* Fleet Banks need to be secure. Already we have heard of bank thieves.

Fleet tools are very important for creating a sense of community. If you (Cryptic) foster that sense of community, you will increase or better maintain your subscriptions.

4. More Auto-Fire Options. Perhaps you did not realize that button mashing it takes with certain classes of ships or weapon systems. Having to replace our ketyboards or mice, is not and should not be part of the bargain.

I could probably list a few more, but I don't want a wall of text, so i will save them for later.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-13-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
So if a Science run character runs a Escort, they have full access to all their respective level skills? I thought Escorts only had 1 Science Ensign slot not 1 LT slot and a Ensign slot
Ahh discourse... A science run character does not have to spec into a specific ship class to improve class abilities ( IE a science vessel for example). So that science officer can choose to spec in whatever ship they feel even if it goes against their class spec. Same with an Engineer.

Now this does nto affect the Fed players AS much, because there ships have clearly defined roles ( I still would not wish to be hooked into a specific ship class). Klingon ships, however, are not so black and white Because of universal bridge officer spots, and the battle cloak, the BoP can be effective for any class that chooses to run it.

Thank you for making a solid post BTW I appreciate it.


Edit no you can only Improve attack pattern alpha by speccing in the escort t2 and t3 and the non ship skill tactical officer?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Ah, well thats a given tho, the Klingons are all kinds of broken. Do they even have voice overs yet?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodveard View Post
To the OP, I agree with much of what you wrote and disagreed with some as well.

Here are a few points of my own:

1. To those that complain about, no "end game" content...Cryptic has already added lvl 45+ content in the game's second week! That is the most responsive I've ever seen an MMO developer get. Second point on same topic, I will never understand those players who get through 60+ hours of content in less than 2 weeks (and Cryptic claims its 80 hours). These very same people treat the game like a job, or their life, and then complain that the Devs did not anticipate players treating their game like a job or their life.

2. Cryptic needs to add more, non-combat content to the game in the next major patch. There really are a large number of customers out there, who love the spirit of what Star Trek is supposed to be. Sure its fine to have a war with Klingon or Romulan or Borg factions, but there is not enough humanitarian missions going on, in light of this "massive" war.

3. Fleet Tools:

* Fleet tags in-game are needed.

* Fleet Bank tabs should not cost 1 million credits. They should be based on the number of members,
perhaps 1 tab for every 10 members would be good.

* Fleet Banks need to be secure. Already we have heard of bank thieves.

Fleet tools are very important for creating a sense of community. If you (Cryptic) foster that sense of community, you will increase or better maintain your subscriptions.

4. More Auto-Fire Options. Perhaps you did not realize that button mashing it takes with certain classes of ships or weapon systems. Having to replace our ketyboards or mice, is not and should not be part of the bargain.

I could probably list a few more, but I don't want a wall of text, so i will save them for later.

Excellent points. BTW I skilled up purely enjoying PvP. It was extremely fun. however it will become tedious and repetitive without other options, and the 43+ PvP weapons are lackluster and not better than the other weapons for the most part. Additionally there were a few bugs that allowed Fed players to level 1-40 in one day. I honestly feel though that the levels came to easily and quickly with little challenge.

Ofcourse this point is easily debatable its more of my feeling than hard fact.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QLanatir
i can agree with quite some points you wrote there, even tho i would take it easier a bit. but this thing:

no end game pvp territory gain or loss war content and nothing suggesting there will be any

brought me up against you. That is the one thing i dont wanna see. PvP should be optional and absolutely avoidable.
You do realize PvE hits a brick wall in any MMORPG right? You are always going to get to a point where you've beaten the top boss, gotten the best gear, and explored every area of the world map. PvP helps ensure at least a certain percentage of people still being active at that point, since its player generated content (i.e. we're all fighting one another so theres something to do beyond kill boss x for the umpteenth time).

PLUS, adding in a world pvp objective can benefit the two factions at present. Make the Neutral Zone a area that can be controlled to gain a defense buff for the owning faction? Just an example.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Nice Post..

I agree with alot of it, I do think PVP should be optional (even tho im die hard pvp'er)

Dont force ppl to pvp..
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:42 PM.