Lt. Commander
# 1 Auto Teaming all the time?
02-13-2010, 07:47 PM
Is there a way to not have auto teaming on all the time or was this Cryptic's way of fixing the server pop?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Turn it of... ill go look how in a sec...

Down arrow under mini map
open Social
Team ... setup or something... its the second tab
Set looking for group to off
I think
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Press O while in game and that will bring up your social menu. At the bottom there is an icon that you can click on. Looks like a bunch of little people icons standing together. Click it and it gives you options to turn it off.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 08:16 PM
I have a theory (might be way off) about auto-teaming and server stability and lag. The system was set up so we would hopefully use auto-teaming all or most fo the time. However, with some of the problems inherent in how it actually works (AFKers, exponentially large spawns after 3 people are on the team, other stuff) almost all of us don't use it. That has to put a lot more strain on the hardware than they planned, with say 500 instances of the P'Jem mission instances at once (guestimate).

SO I pose this question - if they manage to fix he problems with auto-teaming that make us not want to use it, and in turn more use will reduce the server strain and lag, will more of us choose to turn it back on? I think I for sure would.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt_LSF
I have a theory (might be way off) about auto-teaming and server stability and lag. The system was set up so we would hopefully use auto-teaming all or most fo the time. However, with some of the problems inherent in how it actually works (AFKers, exponentially large spawns after 3 people are on the team, other stuff) almost all of us don't use it. That has to put a lot more strain on the hardware than they planned, with say 500 instances of the P'Jem mission instances at once (guestimate).

SO I pose this question - if they manage to fix he problems with auto-teaming that make us not want to use it, and in turn more use will reduce the server strain and lag, will more of us choose to turn it back on? I think I for sure would.
I always have it on. Period. Always have always will.

Really Im not sure why. The only time I turned it off was in OB when I ran a simple mission three times and kept getting stuck with other players that would just fly off on their own and do whatever.

Did it on my own and completed it easily.

But other than that I use the thing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWitt_LSF

Ive never run across those issues
lol I LIKE gigantic spawns though
And unless you get the quest done regardless of wether you are there or not, and unless the afker is the leader then its a non-issue as you just boot em
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 01:27 PM
But didn't Cryptic say they didn't want to encourage this and were all for private instances because otherwise the game kinda lost its Star Trek feeling?
Cryptic - are you reading this?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
But didn't Cryptic say they didn't want to encourage this and were all for private instances because otherwise the game kinda lost its Star Trek feeling?
Cryptic - are you reading this?
What exactly are you wanting them to get out of this? They defaulted the auto-teaming option to on to encourage group-play, but you can turn it off if you don't want it. What's the problem?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 01:36 PM
That would be dumb for an mmo
Unless thats what they WERE shooting for. It would explain the heavy instancing and the whole "this game feels single player" thing everyone keeps posting on
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 01:56 PM
I like auto teaming when I solo. I turn it off when I team with friends.