Lt. Commander
# 1 How many members
02-15-2010, 01:17 AM
How many people that work for Cryptic list them self as just a member so they can defend Cryptic ? After reading a lot of threads it just looks like there are a few that defend the game way to hard . Just my though for the day .
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 01:27 AM
I thought that may be the case when somone menioned it an an "I love this game" thread, but I think its really just people trying to counter all the /ragequit threads.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 01:32 AM
Vocal minority *****ing about the game, vocal minority defending the game.

Wow was no better off and the forums always look this way. for any game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozew
Vocal minority *****ing about the game, vocal minority defending the game.

Wow was no better off and the forums always look this way. for any game.
nice comparison.. but.. i remember wow having a complete Horde faction....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrlight View Post
How many people that work for Cryptic list them self as just a member so they can defend Cryptic ? After reading a lot of threads it just looks like there are a few that defend the game way to hard . Just my though for the day .
For goodness sake, really? Honestly? Come on, stay off the cafine and calm yourself down.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 01:55 PM
See what I mean . You said anything about Cryptic or the game and someone has to stat in with the smarta** come backs . Thank you for helping make my case .
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
See what I mean . You said anything about Cryptic or the game and someone has to stat in with the smarta** come backs . Thank you for helping make my case .
Conversely would you make the case that those who are overly vocal about their dislike of the game yet never leave the forums, that those folks possibly could be saboteurs from Blizzard or Bioware ?

I think it really is as someone else said, small groups of very vocal minorities.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 02:04 PM
I like STO but I find it difficult because of the glitches plaguing this game. You would think that after Open Beta came to a close the Devs would have said they would push the game back another year.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
I think the ones that are "diehard" defenders of the game are lifers but can you blame them? If I made that huge of an investment my best interests wouldn't be served by supporting negative reception of the game. I really wish everyone would post in the sticky for their short, mid, long term suggestions for improvements instead of ranting though. You have to admit that the ragers and ranters are just as bad as the die hard defenders. Both sides call each other trolls and just a general lack of etiquette all around I think. I could be wrong but I think the STO forums are probably the most negative post MMO launch threads I've seen.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Conversely there are a lot of people that bash the game. How many of them are actually paid employees of competitors? Paranoia can go both ways