Lt. Commander
# 21
02-14-2010, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Skyfire
Devs, please take the effort to post the GMT time in addition to the PST time in the "scheduled downtime" announcements. A little effort, lot of help.
Unfortunately, this wont help come the 28th March, when EU springs forward and a lot of the UK forget that they are actually GMT+1 during daylight savings

The best idea would be to include a link to a world clock website, so customers can check for themselves. Of course, this wont help the people that couldn't find Sulu......

But for the moment - hope this helps

3am PST = 6am US EST = 11am GMT = 12noon CET = 10pm Aussie EST
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-14-2010, 02:11 AM
And please put GMT time as well
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalysto
I have no problems with maintenance through the week but the weekends are just bad.

Seriously guys.... Saturday AND Sunday

Ok you managed to squeeze in yesterdays when the server crashed... but still, a days grace would have been nice.

Jan is NOT happy!
Definitly +1.

No maintenance/patch during the week, but 2 patch downtime during weekends...
This seems to be a joke for me. One of the funniest and the most stupid choice of downtime i've ever see.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-14-2010, 02:14 AM
I call shenannigans.

Seriously, if this is your standard then I won't be around after my 30 days is up.

You keep taking the server down at idiotic times for EU gamers, and don't even comment when everyone over here is complaining at you (sorry, I believe the US players refer to it as "whining" as it occurs when they are all asleep).

Fine, you're US based so it's done at times to suit US players.
At least do it on a bloody week day when folk are at work/school.

I'm not gonna pay you a tenner a month to see scheduled maintainance messages.

Don't worry, I know you'll just flame me or put this in the pile with all the other disgruntled players - I notice it's also a peak time for Aus as well.

Some proper dev interaction would be appreciated - a scripted downtime message then all devs etc running for the hills is just lame.

For me it's made even funnier because Open Beta was more stable than this!

Your headstart was the biggest failure since the NGE & now we're getting downtime left right & centre.

Plain & simple - if you weren't ready to do so, then don't launch.

Only a moron wouldn't expect high demand for a Star Trek IP.

Ok, I'm done.
I know this has all been said a million times before, by people better & worse at putting their point across than me.

Just...let us play the game, will ya?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-14-2010, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifthdoctor View Post
I call shenannigans.

Seriously, if this is your standard then I won't be around after my 30 days is up.

You keep taking the server down at idiotic times for EU gamers, and don't even comment when everyone over here is complaining at you (sorry, I believe the US players refer to it as "whining" as it occurs when they are all asleep).

Fine, you're US based so it's done at times to suit US players.
At least do it on a bloody week day when folk are at work/school.

I'm not gonna pay you a tenner a month to see scheduled maintainance messages.

Don't worry, I know you'll just flame me or put this in the pile with all the other disgruntled players - I notice it's also a peak time for Aus as well.

Some proper dev interaction would be appreciated - a scripted downtime message then all devs etc running for the hills is just lame.

For me it's made even funnier because Open Beta was more stable than this!

Your headstart was the biggest failure since the NGE & now we're getting downtime left right & centre.

Plain & simple - if you weren't ready to do so, then don't launch.

Only a moron wouldn't expect high demand for a Star Trek IP.

Ok, I'm done.
I know this has all been said a million times before, by people better & worse at putting their point across than me.

Just...let us play the game, will ya?
Good more space for my ship to fly around.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-14-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Commander-Of-Daedalus
Good more space for my ship to fly around.
It must be handle really well to get around all the downtime.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-14-2010, 02:24 AM
I am going to be so happy around the middle of March.

I just really can't wait. I'm really looking forward to the day that the worst of the whiners have to go back to WoW because they can no longer post on the STO forums.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS84 View Post
Thanks for the notice, and for the hard work you guys are putting in to get this game to an even higher level. Just, wouldn't it have been better to do this after the weekend (say, on Monday)? Right now, you're hurting almost all of Europe in their morning/early afternoon playtime, something that wouldn't be as bad if done on a Monday afternoon
Same here these maitenance times are really annoying for European gamers, especially during the weekend....
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-14-2010, 02:25 AM
I remember the old EQ days when it was the US that hated the 3am patches, because by the time they got home from school/work most of the raid mobs were already taken out by the Asian and EU guilds
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Just a note to say that NOT everyone in the US is asleep while you're playing in the EU. When I'm on the server playing I've got plenty of company no matter where I go.

And, some of us in the US don't call what you're doing "whining". Some of us call it belly-aching. No matter what it's called, it's still useless. The server is NEEDING the maintenance or they wouldn't be doing it at all.

It's called, "Growing Pains."
Closed Thread