Lt. Commander
# 11
02-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhysling
Doubtful. I have never heard of an other major MMO reaching a console. It would be too much of a headache to develope two game engines.
Not quite the same thing, but seeing your post thought I would drop this in. Eve online is set to extend their universe to the Xbox 360, adding a ground based fps game that directly affects and is affected by the pc mmo, within the same game universe. They already demonstrated a working game during their last fan fest.

Players of the pc mmo will be able to hire player militia or play as soldiers inside the Xbox game to take out enemy installations, capture territory, etc, with live interaction between both platforms. Ultimately, their plan is to have it tie in with the mmo’s ambulation system (code name given to the Eve’s system allowing avatars outside of space ships), and have players from both platforms interacting in the same game space at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-13-2010, 09:48 PM
On cryptic's main website they do have a job opening for PS3 programmers. So who knows.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexCaliber View Post
Not quite the same thing, but seeing your post thought I would drop this in. Eve online is set to extend their universe to the Xbox 360, adding a ground based fps game that directly affects and is affected by the pc mmo, within the same game universe. They already demonstrated a working game during their last fan fest.

Players of the pc mmo will be able to hire player militia or play as soldiers inside the Xbox game to take out enemy installations, capture territory, etc, with live interaction between both platforms. Ultimately, their plan is to have it tie in with the mmo’s ambulation system (code name given to the Eve’s system allowing avatars outside of space ships), and have players from both platforms interacting in the same game space at the same time.
I saw that awhile ago too. Though it will never be done. The devlopers of Eve seem to come up with some type of new idea every six months or so and then it goes away. The last few were cities on planets, space stations you could walk in, automated minning colonies you could build and program from your cell phone. lol
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-11-2011, 05:10 PM
personally I find it a real shame... I'm being banned from STO by my wife... she has bought me a x box to get me off the computer but I want it for 360, the true gaming console lol
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilus View Post
Is STO going to be released for the Xbox 360 or not?
No.
10char
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-14-2011, 11:42 AM
wow necro to the max
Closed Thread