Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Ever since Psi Velorum I can not repeat my defend sector missions consistently. I asked about this in zone chat and they told me there was a 30 minute timer in between missions. Is there a timer? And if there is then why haven't I received the mission again yet? I checked and I had done the mission more than an hour ago and yet I had not received it again. Again, I did the defend Iota Pavonis sector and when I completed it it did not give me the mission again. I played for an hour or so and it still has not given me the mission back. Sometimes it does give me the mission right afterwards, but sometimes it doesn't.

I put in GM and bug tickets about a day and a half ago but what good does that do. I've never heard from them in game and they've never responded to any of my tickets.

edit: I just dropped ALL my defend missions (Tour of Duty) and none of them were offered back again (except for LC6 Heading Out). They used to be offered back as soon as I dropped them.. This is a deal breaker for me if I can't fix this problem anytime soon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 08:42 PM
You are wrong and quite stereotypical.

I already repeated myself twice in my original post because I know there'd be people like you but I think I need to try this again, and don't give me any "it wasn't clear" crap. It was clear. Stop being hypocritical and learn to read.

As of now I've had my Defend Iota Pavonis Sector mission complete for 3 hours. I completed the quest as it says in my log, at 5:39:39PM (I could take a SS to prove it). It is now 8:41 and still no quest. I have not received the quest back like I should have. Zoning in and out doesn't help.

It is bugged.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Anybody who actually wants to help rather than hurt the community wanna help me with this?

Inside of the Iota Pavonis Sector. Many hours after I completed my Defend Iota Pavonis mission. No mission offering.
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5...0021321361.png
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9...0021321355.png

Inside of a signal contact inside of the Iota Pavonis Sector. Still no mission offer.
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9208/...0021321374.png

I am unable to enter starbase 39 to get the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm having the same issue. Been more than a day now and still no Defend Sector Quests. Definately a bug and most certainly a deal breaker for me as well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 03:23 PM
This looks like a very similar issue:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=110154

That guy has been waiting a week with no reply... for a BASIC function of the game to be fixed. Cryptic is lucky this game came with such a strong fanbase. Had I not been a fan from the start I would have left without even making this post.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 04:57 PM
This happened to me in the head start at psi velorum. I couldn't get any missions, advance any quests, timers would expire and reset, but no credit for any instance. No xp, no boff, no merits, just waiting on a CS ticket response from a GM that never came.

What I did to bypass this was farm ships in dse instances for many many many hours. But once I cleared that block of missions which was something like 20-25 the next available missions were fine and I continued onwards and upwards with a great appreciation for missions that work.

I closed my tickets but it sucks to know this is still effecting a few players without resolution.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 05:58 PM
<fanboy>
It's all in your head. There are no bugs. L2P. You're wrong and this is the greatest game ever, etc. etc.
</fanboy>
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinmeister View Post
Read the patch notes, it's all in there.

And people wonder why Support take so long to reply to tickets, when they have people complaining about non-existant 'bugs'.
Thanks for your thoroughly unhelpful comment.

Most of us are aware of the 30 min timer on repeatable DSE-related missions. However, since the very latest patch (the one that doesn't have a patch release notes), it appears a number of us cannot restart these previously repeatable missions. It's been hours since I last did the Defend the Iota Pavonus Sector Block mission, and it never came back. Some of the other Defend the X sector block missions are missing, too.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Looks like the issue has finally been resolved. I haven't been able to receive the Defend the Iota Pavonis Sector mission since I completed the quest as it says in my log, at 5:39:39PM on February 13th. Today I logged in, hailed Starfleet and my mission was waiting for me.

One week wasn't too horrible. I think I will resubscribe.