STO developer Al "Captain Geko" Rivera is joining stoked for an interview on Saturday 19th of July at 11 AM PST / 7PM GMT if you have any questions for Geko please send them to Stoked radio and please attach your @hanndel so we can give proper credit,
The closing date is Friday 18th so we can sort the questions and any similar questions will be grouped together and if possible credit will be given.
If you have a burning question to ask Captain Geko email the question to the above address or down below; the only topic we’ve been told we can’t ask about is what is going to happen at the Vegas convention this year!
ask him why his podcasts dont include written transcripts and if it can be written, why hasnt there been anything about it over the years?
that is the only question i have to him. i also dont care about taking credit for asking it either, if he wants to know who asked and it gets mentioned, he can come to the forum himself and interact with us back here to find out who.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Captain Geko: The Foundry is back in the public eye due to the changes in the star clusters. You have mentioned several times over the past year or more that your team was working on "about a dozen" new features for the tool to come out around Season 9, but later said those were delayed due to time spent fighting Foundry exploits.
Are you still working on adding these features, or has that project been cancelled?
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable Forums are like Sanctuary Districts, complete with Gimmes, Ghosts and Dims.
With the removal of star cluster exploration in season 9.5 will a Cryptic made non-Foundry replacement for exploration content be coming? I'm not asking for an ETA or details. Just a yes or no, will we be able to continue to seek out new life and new civilizations, will we be able to once again go where no one has gone before in Star Trek Online?
1) Is bringing visuals of reputation ship gear (deflector, engines, shields) to the ship tailor somewhere on the "To Do" list?
Would love to use certain shield and hull effects on my ships without being forced to equip them, and since the same thing is possible with personal armor, i wonder why this isn't already implemented for ships.
2) Would selecting the colour of your weapons independently from the type of weapon you use, be possible as an option at the ship tailor?
3) New Skill tree/system coming anytime soon?
4) Why aren' the personal traits divided into ground and space? Like 8 slots for ground traits and 8 for space. It is simply a major inconveneance to readjust them each time i go from space to ground combat...which is basicaly every story mission in the game. If they were simply preset my "working conditions" would be much better!
5) Performance issues in certain areas, especially undine battlezone. What is the cause, is it under investigation, or even an improvement planed?
What i think is the cause and possible solution: a) Too many "small" enemy NPC ships...the frigate grp (3 ships) should be cut down to 1 ship with the HP and SP of the 3 combined.
b) Too many weapons on player ships fireing all at once. Especially the torp spread animation seems to be eating away all FPS.
c) Undine battlezone is a walk in the park anyway...cut max players down to 10, or even 5 per zone.
6) Bridge officer traits finaly being customisable (The new UI seems to suggest that)? An end to the supremicy of superior romulan operative doffs in sight?