Geko, why is it that the G-R can't have the D'D layout, it is the closest thing to the on screen Galaxies? The "Galaxy" Reboot was a Galaxy X reboot, which it was appreciated but, the G-R needs some love, as do many of the older ships, throw us a bone and bring them upto the new standard of hybrid play, kthxbye.
Stop letting your personal preferances cloud game design, we all know you don't like the Galaxy thats fine for you but those of us who DO like the Ent-D, the fans of G-R/Defiant/Intrepid would love an update. I personally don't dig a lot of ships, but I wouldn't give them crap set ups because of it, that would be unprofessional.
Most MMOs in the traditional model, like STO started as, have several different basic types of game play. There is end game content, like STOs STFs, or WoWs raids, reletively big things that take some form of team work. There is crafting, enough said. There is the stroyline quest, usually used as a leveling process or tutorial, though it can continue past that point.
And then there is the average stuff to do. The missions, quests, whatever, that don't require you to have top end gear, or get a group together, or anything fancy, but are there for you when you don't want to do any of the above, but still give something useful and are so generic that they can be repeated. Also, for the game designer, they are something for the player to be distracted by so that they do not burn out on end game content and storylines that will never expand fast enough to satisfy them.
In STO, the closet thing we had to the last category was exploration cluster missions. With these going away, will STO ever have some type of mission like this, worth doing, but generic and repeatable so that end game content and stroy line mission will not have to take the full force of answering the player's eternal question of what do we do now?
Chaos, why would Al be responsible for making a transcript of a podcast he's on? That's up to each individual podcast.
Could you petition these people on behalf of your consumers?
I do not know about anyone else, but I do have a serious hearing problem. As a result of a childhood surgery, scar tissue has wrapped around my right eardrum. I struggle to hear past mumbling sounds, for my ear does not vibrate appropriately. My left ear has a similar issue, but the problem occurs less frequently.
Do you guys provide transcripts for people with handicaps?
1. Are there any plans to do something substantial in terms of exploration, the core element of Star Trek, in the forseable future, or has that been completely relegated to the Foundry? And if there are plans on exploration, can we expect it to be something in which we as players actively participate in, or is it going to be just another mini-game like the Doff system?
2. Why does it seem that most of the content released lately is tied into a time-gated, limited time, repeatable grind? While everyone can agree that the grind portion is a necessity in the MMO genre, why does Cryptic choose this approach instead of adding more variety in ways to complete the grind portion of the game as well as making it availible to complete at the players' convenience rather than sticking it into limited time events?
Does the Cryptic team really think this is the right way to go about in order to appease the playerbase?
3. What's happening with the Fleet Guramba Siege Destroyer? Why isn't it in the game already? It's one of the most sought after KDF ships and yet one of the few without a fleet variant. When can we expect the Fleet Guramba to happen?
4. It has been more than a year since the B'rotlh BoP was released with LoR, and at least 10 months since it was first reported that the Fleet B'rel BoP can't use the B'rotlh skin due to a certain bug. Can we expect this to be fixed anytime soon, or at all for that matter?
5. Since the factions are at a cease fire as of S9, can we expect at least some small humble amount of faction exclusive missions or will everything from now on be faction neutral with just minor dialogue tweaks? It would be pitty to not recieve specific content on the level of the epic KDF missions in LoR or the high-quality Romulan storyline in LoR ever again.
6. Do you consider increasing the quantity and quality of drops from the PvE content, as well as adding some new rare drops that would compete with at least some of the rep, fleet or lockbox gear? Since all of the latter are bound in one way or another, the lack of quality and quantity in drops is having a negative effect on the player economy and the trading aspect of STO.
7. Will there be new unique features added to the Freighters to compensate their loss after the removal of the Exploration Clusters, which was one of their biggest selling points?
EDIT:Bonus question: Why was the Galaxy revamp and the Galaxy bundle released without fixing the glaring issues and missalignments on the ship models(skins)?
Because true Starfleet Captains command Exploration Cruisers!
Thank you Cryptic for finally giving me MY SHIP!!!
Romulan embassy boffs, will they ever A) get their faces bac if they've been traded and B) be customizable? *Points to Liberated Borg Romulan Science officer. They can wear Romulan uniforms, why can't Romulan Embassy Boffs?
Romulan bridges, will there ever be more of them than just the one? Not necessarily the layout, just but the bridge itself.
Actual real Cardassian Boffs, why aren't they a thing? We can get Cardassians as duty officers, why not boffs?
Ezri Dax, what's she up to in 2410? Any chance we'll find out anytime soon?
With the exploration clusters disappearing could we have some kind of exploration happen in the normal Sector Blocks, as there isn't much currently going on there? For example, could we have random anomalies appear for me to scan if I was traveling from, let's say Earth to K-7, through sector space?
In addition to these, could we have random star system survey missions; these would only require you to be sitting outside of the star system "door" in sector space, but would offer you various duty officer and new mini-game related opportunities, sort of like Mass Effect's planet scanning system.