Lieutenant
Right now the only thing I know I want for sure on this build is.

1) To use the Fleet Nova as the ship.
2) Grav Well heavy that can hold in pve and pvp if possible.

I am normally and Engineering Captain so sci builds are still rough with me.

I am not sure on the skill set up, and if I should just stick with energy weapons or Have her pound away with Torpedo's.

Any advice on this would be greatly welcomed.
Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
Captain
# 2
07-14-2014, 01:15 PM
What kind of equipment do you have? Rep Tiers unlocked?

Cryptic's Development Philosophy for the KDF & PVP
Captain
# 3
07-14-2014, 01:18 PM
I can't give you any hemp myself, but I shall forward this thread to a fleetmate of mine.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose
And then I sneezed. And then I exploded.
Captain
# 4
07-14-2014, 01:22 PM
Throw your build up and show us what you got.

Trick to the power house gravity wells is particle gens, graviton generators and a reverse tractor beam repulser. And don't forget the maximized auxillary setting.

Troll points for using the t5 romulan rep power and an aftershock doff
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Career Officer
# 5
07-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Will you be pugging primarily in PvP or teaming up?
Commander
# 6
07-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
Throw your build up and show us what you got.

Trick to the power house gravity wells is particle gens, graviton generators and a reverse tractor beam repulser. And don't forget the maximized auxillary setting.

Troll points for using the t5 romulan rep power and an aftershock doff
do not forget the torp spread/ gravametric torp trick as well they are great for grav wells builds =)
Lieutenant
# 7
07-14-2014, 01:29 PM
I have all tiers up to 4 unlocked on the character this build will be for.

So Far I have been using Refracting Tetryon dual beams and quick reloading transphasics. Not sure if I should keep with a mix of weapons or just really focus on one. Using the 3pc set for transphasic torps. And just a nebula class ship while I save up ec for fleet modules to get my Nova class.
Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
Captain
# 8
07-14-2014, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neos472 View Post
do not forget the torp spread/ gravametric torp trick as well they are great for grav wells builds =)
Too right
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 9
07-14-2014, 01:36 PM
The sad thing is GW doesn't stack well with itself. Its global is 45 seconds and you can get it down to 50 or so. That means running 2 uses up a slot and only gives you an extra 5 seconds for a lesser version (assuming GW3 was used up and now you have GW1 left). Also, TR triggers global on GW so that sucks as well. If you really want to spam the heck out of GWs add the doffs for aftershock, run the grav torp, and load subspace integration circuit for another kind of GW (console based).

Overall I tried to set up a super cool GW build a while back. It just was so nerfed by the devs I gave up and moved on to a more balanced build. Heck, they made GW1 so much more viable to any non-sci that it's almost ("almost") pointless to aim for a GW build as a sci anymore.
Career Officer
# 10
07-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Take a look at my build in my signature: i use the tac Vesta with GW3 and Gravimetric Photorps for fun
~My current ship and build~