Lt. Commander
# 1 new player.. new comp ..
02-13-2010, 09:35 PM
i bought the game as soon as it was released .. only to find that my old comp was incapable of playing the game for a number of reasons .. one, the video card decided to go "poof" on me, and two .. the pci slot really didnt offer me enough bang for my buck to upgrade again on that comp.. so i cancelled the account before i even had a chance to play , and have ordered a brand spanking new alienware computer which will arrive at the end of the month...

now .. its got 6 gb ram , some sort of anti lag goodie, liquid cooling and a ATI radeon HD 5870 1gb gddr5 video card.

what i want to know before i buy the game AGAIN to install on the new comp ( because idiot mongo that i am here .. i bought it direct 2 drive and just downloaded it sight unseen on the old comp ) ,, what i would like to know, is .. is this going to work ? .. im a huge fan of anything trek .. an avid gamer.. and this is right up my alley for a lifetime membership !

pleaseplease please tell me this new comp will rock out like a horta on mescaline!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSallant
i bought the game as soon as it was released .. only to find that my old comp was incapable of playing the game for a number of reasons .. one, the video card decided to go "poof" on me, and two .. the pci slot really didnt offer me enough bang for my buck to upgrade again on that comp.. so i cancelled the account before i even had a chance to play , and have ordered a brand spanking new alienware computer which will arrive at the end of the month...

now .. its got 6 gb ram , some sort of anti lag goodie, liquid cooling and a ATI radeon HD 5870 1gb gddr5 video card.

what i want to know before i buy the game AGAIN to install on the new comp ( because idiot mongo that i am here .. i bought it direct 2 drive and just downloaded it sight unseen on the old comp ) ,, what i would like to know, is .. is this going to work ? .. im a huge fan of anything trek .. an avid gamer.. and this is right up my alley for a lifetime membership !

pleaseplease please tell me this new comp will rock out like a horta on mescaline!

Your comp with a few tweaks should play this game perfectly.

As for buyign the game again, you don;t need to. just go to direct2drive, ener your login info, click products and grab the key. Register it to your account if you havent already done so.

To download the game, ignore D2D's download and use http://files.startrekonline.com/inst...line_setup.exe
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 02:10 PM
outstanding! i look forward to playing as soon as the new computer arrives