Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I was just noticing the other day that most of the gear my fed character manages to snag in PvE content is not bound. So I've been using my feddy to help outfit my Klingon. Engine, console, weaps, personal gear of all types etc etc etc.

The lack of PVE content is definatly in the "Not a Good Thing" catagory for the Klingon. I was so chamed and pleased to discover I can mail things to myself. SO my feddy LtC keeps getting all this nifty equipage out of PvE which I am now making a point of sending off to my Klink. And am I seeing things correctly here or does my Klingon get more e-creds for items vendored then my feddy does? I must double check that for it seems he might. I dont bother much with the Exchange mainly because most of the players eare stupidly greedy and price item way to high. 29k or better for a type IV ships weapon? BAH! waste fo E-Creds. I just send my feddy out hunting. Gring a few star systems and you'll get the goodies. Then just mail them to your self. My klink has a lovely T-2 BOP with top end equipage. And his personal gear...??? all level IV stuff now. Its a shame really. I have an awesomely equipped crew and no PvE content to take them to.

Hope Cryptic throws some PvE up for the Klingons soon. I'm in a fleet with old school SFC-2, and SFC-2:OP players. We did not buy the game to play feddy.


Khemaraa Iron Hand
Klingon Black Fleet
"We are the dead"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-07-2010, 05:00 AM
I would like to point out that I noticed often feds posted their quest rewards they didn't want on the exchange, and because it's a quest reward and everyone already has an opertunity to get one they are usually cheap. Only works if your fed has money though I guess. Also good for those drops people sell that impossible to get on the klingon side.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-07-2010, 05:14 AM
i find the token system for the kligon side fine the first 1-3 levels are a pain but once you got all your gear its pritty much a walk in the park kligons buy there gear it is prob one of the best system i have seen in buying pvp gear/pve gear you make it sound like kligons cant get any gear but there is loads on offer go to the pvp venders in erti sector space all the pvp gear is there
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-07-2010, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by almightybum
i find the token system for the kligon side fine the first 1-3 levels are a pain but once you got all your gear its pritty much a walk in the park kligons buy there gear it is prob one of the best system i have seen in buying pvp gear/pve gear you make it sound like kligons cant get any gear but there is loads on offer go to the pvp venders in erti sector space all the pvp gear is there
well said.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-07-2010, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
I was just noticing the other day that most of the gear my fed character manages to snag in PvE content is not bound. So I've been using my feddy to help outfit my Klingon. Engine, console, weaps, personal gear of all types etc etc etc.

The lack of PVE content is definatly in the "Not a Good Thing" catagory for the Klingon. I was so chamed and pleased to discover I can mail things to myself. SO my feddy LtC keeps getting all this nifty equipage out of PvE which I am now making a point of sending off to my Klink. And am I seeing things correctly here or does my Klingon get more e-creds for items vendored then my feddy does? I must double check that for it seems he might. I dont bother much with the Exchange mainly because most of the players eare stupidly greedy and price item way to high. 29k or better for a type IV ships weapon? BAH! waste fo E-Creds. I just send my feddy out hunting. Gring a few star systems and you'll get the goodies. Then just mail them to your self. My klink has a lovely T-2 BOP with top end equipage. And his personal gear...??? all level IV stuff now. Its a shame really. I have an awesomely equipped crew and no PvE content to take them to.

Hope Cryptic throws some PvE up for the Klingons soon. I'm in a fleet with old school SFC-2, and SFC-2:OP players. We did not buy the game to play feddy.


Khemaraa Iron Hand
Klingon Black Fleet
"We are the dead"
For a second there when I seen yor thread title you were talking about someone in my fleet! lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaktak
For a second there when I seen yor thread title you were talking about someone in my fleet! lol
Naw. Not so, but its a great name for a fleet buddy!

Some of the folks that replies are making some assumptions which BTW are quite understandable. so, let me clarify for them where I'm coming from.

1. I dont particularly like "magic bullet" style combat in MMO's (the best gear wins.... skill determines the winner after you get the gear) STO does use the magic bullet system. I guess they couldn't do a mix of SFC-II, and Voy:Elite force and then written GOOD story line arcs. I understand it would have catered to to small of a group of players.
2. I personally don't care much for PvP that is not totally skill based... The Players skills, not the "toons".
3 The fleet I play with is a very elite bunch of Klingon players from back in the day of Starfleet Command.. We have decided STO is acceptable. But its not quite what we wanted and Klingon game play seriously lacks. It feels like Klingons were thrown in as a player race as an after thought. Klingons are not the stormtroopers of the galaxy. Were not even particularly militeristic. We are warriors that have become soldiers out of neccesity. Study Klingon lore. They are not so 2 dimentional. Cryptic could gain a great deal of cred by seriously fleshing the Klingon game play out.

3. My post was simply a workaround. And in reply to the fellows that say "go to the exchange" the answer is NO. Just about everyone is overcharging.

4. Yes,I am and snaggle toothed OLD dog and I've been learning new tricks as an online gamer for 20 years now. Hopefully My post provided a way for some players to get some equivelency against those other player that do NOTHING ELSE but spend 16 out every 24 hours, 7 days a week, playing this game instead of going out and doing something usefull.

and thats all there is to it.


awefull lot of hyper critical folk game online that lack decent manners. In SFC-II we would hunt them down online and make a point of ruining thier day by the simple expedient of in game doing the "haul them out behind the barn and teach 'em some manners with a stick" In that game Klingons HAD to be smarter. We were usually out numbered on line better then 3:1. We held our own and won a surprising number of campains. We did it my learnign to use all the tools at our disposal. Klingons are crippled in the stratigic sense in this game in some very subtle ways. ALl I'm doing is what I've always done. Work to redress the balance using the tools at hand.

Khemaraaa sends.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-07-2010, 10:21 AM
I haven't had any problems getting gear for my Klingon through PvE on the Klingon side. I have looted a bunch of engines, weapons, shields, and consoles that can be used. I haven't had to purchase a single piece of gear for my Klingon who is now LtC 2. I have 3 green items currently equipped on my BoP.

I've done the fleet mission at Yov'bot a bunch of different times... finished 2nd once and got a green console, 3rd once and got a green MkIII Quantum Torp launcher. That's to go along with all the pieces of loot I aquired while doing the fleet mission during the T1 grind.

I plan on outfitting my 2nd Klingon toon and then selling the rest on the exchange. And no i'm not going to be greedy and sell a common item for a bajillion credits. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
Naw. Not so, but its a great name for a fleet buddy!

3. My post was simply a workaround. And in reply to the fellows that say "go to the exchange" the answer is NO. Just about everyone is overcharging.
You absolutely correct on the Exchange prices. Their are some of us that put the items in at there said value so dont discount this option entirely. You dont see many of these items because they are being picked up very quickly. I can only hope that they are not be resold at a high mark up.

There is much work that needs to be done on the exchange but that can be said about much of the game and the Klingon faction entirely. I am sure we will see improvement on all of these items in the weeks to come.

I for one am committed to the Klingon faction PvP or Pve, quite frankly the feds just freak me out more than tribbles.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-07-2010, 02:11 PM
How do you get items from Fed --> Klingon toons?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke1987 View Post
How do you get items from Fed --> Klingon toons?
You go to the mail terminal (which is next to the bank). Compose a letter to your <toon name>@<STO account name>

At the bottom, there should be some slots for you to drag and drop items. However, you cannot send money.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:29 PM.