Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
...forget the new title excuses, the ever evolving and growing spin, all that sort of thing - I simply cannot believe that a developer of a major IP MMO would go live with the Klingon faction as it is now, or likely will be for a very long time. Do you guys have no pride in your work? Forget the total lack of PvE, even the PvP side is so poorly conceived and executed as to be not even close to viable as a playable faction, heck it barely qualifies as some kind of mini game. I am simply amazed, even knowing what I know about Cryptic's work product having played CO, that this game has gone live with a PvP system and a so called faction in such a miserably poorly and under developed state.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 05:27 PM
totally agree im so bored already with it, whats point of having sector space? as klingons u can just bring up the pvp list AND MAGICALLY UR THERE THERE IS NO EXPLORATION AS A KLINGGON ITSREALLY TACKY AND BOREING IM THINKING OF CANCELING MY SUBSCRIPTION
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 05:48 PM
What gets me though is not how lacking Klingon's are in PvE or the other elements but how absolutely terrible the PvP system is. PvP combat itself is extremely fun, but this match system is so absolutely terrible it is hard to imagine that people got paid to make it and that others accepted their work and decided to put it in a live game. You spend 5 to 10 times the time looking for a match than you do playing, half the time in many matches is just flying around looking for enemies if there are any (non AI that is), and then when you do find people most times the 'match' system has so horribly matched that it is just a gankfest sanctioned by Cryptic's stupid queue system. It is fault out the worst, most under developed, and most poorly conceived game system I have ever seen in an MMO and that includes some epic messes in the last couple years.

If there where a licensing board for MMO developers (not suggesting there should be) then the Klingon faction in STO is all the evidence that would be needed to have Cryptic's license to make MMOs revoked. It is that bad, that obviously ill conceived and executed, and just plain that completely representative of an attitude at Cryptic to launch on a fixed certain with no regard for how done or good the game was.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 05:48 PM
I gota say I cheesed the insta warp . I to wish I had not bought a life time sub.
I was disappointed with the feel of the federation and no brain power....
So I thought hmmm PVP....
Klingons were just paper cutouts...
This game really wasn't work the deluxe payment or the life time sub.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-13-2010, 05:56 PM
I too am irritated by the fact that they had the audacity to slap a Star Trek title on this game. Blizzard should have developed this game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-13-2010, 06:04 PM
if blizzard would have developled it the game would have been epic
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-13-2010, 06:55 PM
To me what is so frustrating is that the core combat, space anyways, is very good - very fun. But they rushed getting it out so much and in the case of Klingons they went live with it so totally under developed that it really doesn't matter how enjoyable the space combat is because the missing structure(s) and game element(s) trump that enjoyable part.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi221 View Post
if blizzard would have developled it the game would have been epic
would have been a straight up wowclone.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Im Admiral 5 in the service of the Empire. So far I have enjoyed the ride to 45, and am rolling Klingon alts now. But it's beginning to get a teeny bit stale, and really am looking forward to whatever new content they have coming our way for the Klingons.

Cryptics going to fix Viral Matrix, *check
Cryptics going to add more for the Klingon faction, *check

Keep listening to us Jack, and this game might end up Epic. With some work that is.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
would have been a straight up wowclone.
Blizzard and WoW didn't materilize full and developed like Athena from Zeus's skull. It took them years to get where they are..and WoW was full of bugs, missing content, and broken quests when it launched. This game is what 2 weeks old? Comparing a new MMO developer with a fully realized one like Blizzard is unrealistic. And even if Blizzard had developed this game..it would be bug ridden and underdeveloped. MMO's take a little time after launch to get going....

And the character creator in this game has anything WoW has beat by a MILE. The kind of customization I can do with Cryptic games has yet to be beat anywhere...including Wow.

I guess what I'm saying is..patience people....this game is going to get better. But I think we all realized that Cryptic had to get this game launched on time. And they launched a game that is as good at launch as any others... with less resources.