Captain
# 11
07-14-2014, 04:46 PM
I'm not a fan of the catalyst change either, gonna make this a rather unequally footed. ONLY available in the c-store is a very bad idea in my opinion but I suppose that isn't going to change now.

I mean, at no point should something that's required to do something like crafting be made into some that could be argued to be a pay to win mechanic. Granted you can pay dil to zen to get them but that would be an exorbitant waste, I mean essentially all that has happened is they've taken the dil away from one area and moved it somewhere else.
As someone who has 2 manned KAGE, 3 manned IGE and CGE, got 8:50 left on the clock (we've since beaten it) as our IGE Speed Run time, been here longer than my join date suggests and put in the effort to learn the game for myself, I would like to put it to you that I know what I'm doing.
Career Officer
# 12
07-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Thank you for all the Foundry attention lately. Very thankful that all the Odyssey uniforms are in now.
Empire Veteran
# 13
07-14-2014, 04:55 PM
Awesome foundry updates.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
07-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Nice changes, but still no updates to the DOFF UI? Please tell me it's getting some improvements before this goes live.
Want to play with canon ship loadouts? Join the Star Trek Battles channel. "Don't you want an epohh friend?"

Last edited by dragonsbrethren; 07-14-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Career Officer
# 15
07-14-2014, 05:18 PM
Doff UI is still a mess, you can't filter doffs for assignments still which I think is one of the worst things about this new UI... the old UI is still 100% more superior than the new one, my suggestion would be to scrap this and improve upon the old UI. The old UI had great structure it only needed some tweaks, this new structure is just a inefficient mass of buttons and pictures that looks like it was designed by someone who obviously has never doffed before. Can we get some dev replies on our feedback or is it not wanted?
Career Officer
# 16
07-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by druhin View Post
Obviously, the catalyst change is in order to force players to purchase stuff from the C-Store. Never been a big fan of ingame stores in F2P games, where the items in the store, can't be obtained by "ingame means". Make the Catalysts an ultra-rare reward from crafting for all I care. Just make them available by simply playing the game. Not buying stuff from the store, or farming a ton of Dilithium to convert for Zen.
I'm sure they will be available on the exchange like most store boosts.
Gold Sub since March 2010
Lifetime Sub since June 2010
Empire Veteran
# 17
07-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbrethren View Post
Nice changes, but still no updates to the DOFF UI? Please tell me it's getting some improvements before this goes live.
LOL... Yeah pretty much this is a typical STO launch. What happens is about 20 or so ppl might log into tribble and test it but they will randomly pick one of their favorite pets and go on what they think and then fix a few bugs and then launch as is and if you don't like it they have the attitude of go play some other game then lol.

I'll be honest at first I was kinda interested in this new crafting system but the more I see things I'm not really interested and that is pretty much the bulk of 9.5...
Captain
# 18
07-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
Resolved an issue that had removed Hangar Pets from the Dilithium store.
Will the Romulan specialty ground weapons be added back to the dilithium store?
Captain
# 19
07-14-2014, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2485 View Post
I Could swear someone said the 22nd as the season release is on Tuesday. I am not sure if it was something I read or if it was a conversation in my fleet because the Summer event is still ongoing with ongoing updates to the release it is obvious it is not ready yet.

Unless they officially announce the date anything is purely speculation. However, today is the 14th which means there is 16 days left in July.

Deductive reasoning tells me that release is on Tuesday and there are only 2 more Tuesdays left in July not counting tomorrow simply because that would be too short a notice.

This, that was my guess too, as there have been several updates on the feedback section from devs that there are even more adjustments going on this week and possibly next week too, so my guess is either Tuesday 22 or Thursday 24, if not Tuesday 29
AKA "Comrademoco"
Follow me on: Twitter - Raptr - Google+ - Arc
My Gallery: Imgur
Captain
# 20
07-14-2014, 06:26 PM
I'm disappointed they are removing catalysts from the R&D assistance assignment.

It is good to hear the doff chance increased though.