Captain
# 21
07-15-2014, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilv View Post
I'm confused. Friday, July 18th, 2014 at 12PM/Noon PDT for his Livestream of some of the latest REDACTED to hit the Holodeck server". Does that mean that 9.5 will be out for this or not?
It'll be out. Was pre-patching days ago.
Captain
# 22
07-15-2014, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
Some people use another 'skin' to make these forums watchable after the last change. See eradicator's offering here.

I for one didn't see Stomper's hidden text, I would see yours.
Sorry, I didn't get the memo. =(

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Captain
# 23
07-15-2014, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
Sorry, I didn't get the memo. =(
No need to apologise, but seriously, try the skin. I wouldn't be much on the forums without (a slightly tweaked version of) it.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Commander
# 24
07-15-2014, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilv View Post
I'm confused. "Friday, July 18th, 2014 at 12PM/Noon PDT for his Livestream of some of the latest REDACTED to hit the Holodeck server". Does that mean that 9.5 will be out for this or not?
IMHO, it'll launch this coming Tuesday (so slightly less than one week from this post). Most major Season updates launch on Tuesday, not the usual Thursday, for multiple days of patching if it needs to be done before the weekend hits.
"Let's make our DOff UI bigger, clumsier to use, impossible to sort, AND have it show less information in a useable method than we did before!" - Cryptic with STO's 9.5 'crafting upgrade'.

What were you thinking, Cryptic? Seriously. I want to know.
Captain
# 25
07-15-2014, 08:50 PM
So trying to figure out a work around for bugged content is the mystery?
Commander
# 26
07-15-2014, 09:07 PM
.....or it'll launch Thursday:

https://twitter.com/PWECaptainSmirk/...14375568216064
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1166351

Better pray there's no bugs.
"Let's make our DOff UI bigger, clumsier to use, impossible to sort, AND have it show less information in a useable method than we did before!" - Cryptic with STO's 9.5 'crafting upgrade'.

What were you thinking, Cryptic? Seriously. I want to know.
Captain
# 27
07-15-2014, 11:57 PM
Someone should ask him what do the to one who have maxed out the old crafting system as they did say we would be compensated in some way but no news yet and if it is anything like the rom UK an doff which we still have not received promised just before s9 was released I'm new t holding my breath, all in all s9 and 9.5 is a very poor season and very little to do. I would say this in the live stream but at that time my kids are going to bed so may not be able to attend.
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
07-16-2014, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebob View Post
Better pray there's no bugs.
Are you serious?

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day

Last edited by sunfrancks; 07-16-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Captain
# 29
07-16-2014, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Someone should ask him what do the to one who have maxed out the old crafting system as they did say we would be compensated in some way but no news yet and if it is anything like the rom UK an doff which we still have not received promised just before s9 was released I'm new t holding my breath, all in all s9 and 9.5 is a very poor season and very little to do. I would say this in the live stream but at that time my kids are going to bed so may not be able to attend.
Where is that coming from?
If you mean the special Romulan Doff we should get instead of the Exocomp: they never said we will be compensated in any way. Doff was bugged, nobody could get him. Cryptic said "good luck next year!"
While this was an ******* move, they never said we would get that Doff this year.

Also, in the podcasts I heard, it was explicitly stated that the old crafting system will be IGNORED. No compensation for this either. Everyone starts at zero.
Bad decision? Probably. But yet again, they did not say we will be compensated in any way.
To the contrary. They outright told you that you don't get anything.
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
07-16-2014, 09:25 AM
I've been playing this game since beta and I can't recall a major patch ever going live on a Tuesday. It seems like it's the usual form to release it on Thursday so the DEVs can spend all weekend scrambling to fix problems at all crazy hours of the night.

As for the "no bugs" joke, good one. I fully expect this to be FULL of bugs and to be unable to log in for most of the day. My advice to everyone is, expect the same. This way, if it turns out better you'll be plesantly surprised and if it doesn't, you won't be shocked.
Closed Thread