Lt. Commander
# 1 THE LIST: Things we need
02-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Things I would like to see.

This list will go on. Only a few days in the works.
Items indicated in BOLD are things we needed at launch

Interface:

- See our own ship and debuffs with party. Why cant we see our own debuffs unless we target ourselves?

- Focus Frame with target of focus and associated key binds to target focus and assist off focus

- Restacking option for inventory

- Mouse over to see total item count (Bag+bank)

- Ability to buy stacks

- More visible ability bars and ability to flip horizontal or vertical, detach BOs from the #2 view and stack vertically.

- Fleet notification when members log on and off.

General:

- Progress info for Comander Romaine. How close am I to the next tier?

- Some "feeling" of acomplishment while "crafting" make my toon wiggle it's butt and watch a 3 second progress bar or something. make it feel like im crafting something. Instead of turning in Runecloth for Rep

- Big Fanfare when dinging each level, As it stands I "feel" like I have not progressed even though I dinged.

- See mission rewards in missions. I am constantly dropping missions only to take them again to see the reward.

- Loud TNG opening music. First 7 tones, for when PVP Queues Pop. Or some sound...

- Some options for tweaking Klingon Vessels. Where playable Klingons an after thought? (Serious question)

- This rediculous notion of only TWO feds TWO Klings has to END! How can we explore the classes, ships and combinations with such limited toon count. Its Data for gods sake. I'll send Cryptic a hard drive to store my toon plus a couple thousand others if needed. And the first person to say "You will be able to buy more slots" needs a pen in the eye socket. We paid for a game full retail with monthly sub. Nickle and dime me for uniforms and such. But NOT a FAIR amount of character slots.[/b] THIS is why corporate bean counters need to stay OUT of the dev process.

- Respec. How many of you guys have 3 or so points in stupid areas cause we made a mistake?

- Animated View Screens on bridge. Right now we dont see the same thing. Understandable. But It would be slick if it was animated. but at least we have something

- Ready Rooms on bridge or some more use for bridges other than trades.

- Raid groups >5 players so my fleet can organize and do the Crystaline entity as a fleet without random noobs wrecking the encounter for us. And other Fleet actions.

- A condensed Fleet/Raid UI for us support classes so we can click on raid members to target. Needs Range, shields and HP and ability to see buffs when moused over.

- Transwarp on a real time Cooldown not an in game, in space Cooldown.[/color]

PvP

- Dump the instance when there is no opponent

-- Auto grouping for PVP

Anything else to add to the list?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Okay good, nothing about 360 degree space movement, so I agree 99.9% with you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Some valuable points, I've made my own suggestion thread on some things I think need concentration on aswell. Glad to see others are posting suggestions I've left out.

Bridge needs a hell of alot of work, I for one would love the option to explore my own ship.
And rather then being 'zoned' into your own little area, would be nice to keep the shell of your ship where it is, so players can see you and right click on you, etc where you were before. But making you invulnerable to any attacks made against you (such as a DSE flying up your rear while your on the bridge)

Also would be nice to read zone chat from the bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-13-2010, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Shamrock_
Okay good, nothing about 360 degree space movement, so I agree 99.9% with you.
I did agree with this 100% until I realized why we cant have unlimited roll and such.

its just makes the player feel more oriented and smooths out the situational awareness.

But it does drive me nuts trying to move these giants boats in space.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 12:15 AM
Good points, and I would like to add one thing:

Fleet notification when members log on and off. I know its possible, because your friend's list already does this. I shouldn't need to add my entire Fleet to my friends list, and its really annoying to constantly check the Fleet list to see if anyone has snuck on.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonthal2 View Post
Good points, and I would like to add one thing:

Fleet notification when members log on and off. I know its possible, because your friend's list already does this. I shouldn't need to add my entire Fleet to my friends list, and its really annoying to constantly check the Fleet list to see if anyone has snuck on.
Added that to the list. Good point
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 02:18 AM
these are all great. Here are few others:

- some kind of interface notification that continually flashes when we have mail!!

- more HOT BARS and along the lines of what the OP said with the ability to flip them horizontal and vertical

- autofire for both ground and space (I know this has been beaten to death, but its a money saver by god!)

- emotes that voice over to the team that you heals or shield power (be it ground or space)

- the ability to take the runabout and put a bridge officer in it and use it as a "pet" to attack enemies

- a more versitle scan area system where one button scans for anomalies and the other scans for mission objectives (like two different readouts on a tricorder)

- make the Fleet MOTD only flash upon login to the game, not every single time we zone (although it is an effective means to get people to register for your fleet forums hehe).

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

WAIT!! How about a REAL launcher, not an Internet Explorer window? creates a more stable launcher program that isn't dependant on another system...

kk, seriously i'll stop thinking now.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 03:07 AM
I would like to see the space combat system be a smidge more like it was in Starfleet Command. We would see the weapon hardpoints on the persistent ship paperdoll at the bottom of the screen, and they light up when the current target is in their firing arc.

Also, the ability to select multiple weapons and make weapon groups out of them for one button firing of the entire group (usually would set it up as an forward group/aft group) would help free more fingers for abilities instead of just spamming spacebar.

I wouldn't be opposed to giving all beam weapons full autofire, but I also get why some don't like that, I'd really just be happy with having more toolbar space, and being able to better conserve it via weapon groupings other then "fire all".
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 08:50 AM
1.Need a camera for "ship only". I can tell where my target is going, but having to continually pan is annoying. I want it fixed on ship.

2.I am a clicker. Please let me lock the action buttons so I don't actually yank or move them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukeitall View Post
1.Need a camera for "ship only". I can tell where my target is going, but having to continually pan is annoying. I want it fixed on ship.

2.I am a clicker. Please let me lock the action buttons so I don't actually yank or move them.
I think you can lock the camera to your target.

I think its default too