Captain
# 1 Question about faction choice
07-15-2014, 12:00 PM
So, for a rom, when do you make your faction decision?

When you make it, do you have access to that side's ships? Can your rom fly an Assault Cruiser? Just for example? Or are you stuck in rom-only ships from the z-store? You're able to join fleets from that faction, correct? I.e. there isn't a romulan fleet system, right?

Just wondering how all that works.
Commander
# 2
07-15-2014, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post

When you make it, do you have access to that side's ships? Can your rom fly an Assault Cruiser? Just for example? Or are you stuck in rom-only ships from the z-store? You're able to join fleets from that faction, correct? I.e. there isn't a romulan fleet system, right?

Just wondering how all that works.
You can use all ships of your ally except rear/vice admiral ships.

And no, there are no Fleets specifically for romulans. You can join a fleet of your alliance's faction.

I Support the Jupiter & Typhoon classes as playable ships! (As do about 150 other Supporters)
Captain
# 3
07-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Quote:
There's a mission at 9+ called Turning Point, where you select your ally.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Turning_Point

Quote:
When you make it, do you have access to that side's ships? Can your rom fly an Assault Cruiser? Just for example? Or are you stuck in rom-only ships from the z-store?
You can fly/buy T1-T4 ships of your allied faction. You can't fly their T5 ships.

Quote:
You're able to join fleets from that faction, correct? I.e. there isn't a romulan fleet system, right?
Correct, you can join a fleet for that faction you allied yourself with...

Don't forget any of the faction specific restrictions that will also come into play regarding BOFFs/DOFFs/PvE Queues/etc/etc/etc...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Captain
# 4
07-15-2014, 02:02 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks, you two.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-15-2014, 02:13 PM
Yeah just to give you an idea... on the Fed side you can get the three series ships (Galaxy / Enterprise-D, Intrepid / Voyager, and Defiant) and the CStore refit versions thereof.... but nothing better than them.
Captain
# 6
07-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Plasmonic Leech & Aceton Assimilators are C-Store account unlocks on KDF. As well as access to Elite Fleet Disruptors

Cryptic's Development Philosophy for the KDF & PVP
Republic Veteran
# 7
07-16-2014, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
Plasmonic Leech & Aceton Assimilators are C-Store account unlocks on KDF. As well as access to Elite Fleet Disruptors
^This ... If you want the Plasmonic Leech (and almost everyone does) Go with the Klingon option ... That plus the Valdore (mogai variant C-Store ship) Console (Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator) equal two of the best, most wanted Consoles in the game.
Please ... Make it so ...!
Captain
# 8
07-16-2014, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westmetals View Post
Yeah just to give you an idea... on the Fed side you can get the three series ships (Galaxy / Enterprise-D, Intrepid / Voyager, and Defiant) and the CStore refit versions thereof.... but nothing better than them.
those are practically the worst choice ships of their respective ship type for feds (not romulans). I'm not even sure how your post fits into this thread.

also, you can't even get the ships you named as a fed romulan...atleast not the refit versions, since they are all T5.
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 07-16-2014 at 02:56 AM.
Captain
# 9
07-16-2014, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
those are practically the worst choice ships of their respective ship type for feds (not romulans). I'm not even sure how your post fits into this thread.

also, you can't even get the ships you named as a fed romulan...atleast not the refit versions, since they are all T5.
He meant the T4 refits of them.
Republic Veteran
# 10
07-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdata96 View Post
And no, there are no Fleets specifically for romulans. You can join a fleet of your alliance's faction.
This is not strictly true. There are fleets which are specifically for Romulans, in that they accept only Romulans. But no, there is as yet no game mechanic for fleets other than Starfleet and KDF.

I regard my fleet as a Romulan fleet, because I started it with my Main, who is a Romulan, and because we have worked to give it a Romulan "atmosphere." However, we are not exclusionist (we also accept "pure" KDF members), but we are elite.

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Praetor of the Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet

Last edited by protogoth; 07-16-2014 at 07:21 AM.