Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I'm currently Lt 10, working my way to Lt Commander. And the bar still reads the requirement "spend 6700 more skill points." I have spent all my skill points as I get them, there's no way I need to spend that many. Am I bugged? Or is it just an error with the xp bar? Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Cryptic desided to make the game harder GG and goold luck!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecimusJager View Post
I'm currently Lt 10, working my way to Lt Commander. And the bar still reads the requirement "spend 6700 more skill points." I have spent all my skill points as I get them, there's no way I need to spend that many. Am I bugged? Or is it just an error with the xp bar? Thanks.
you actually have to get to rank 11 and then spend the points to rank up properly to Lt Commander.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Same
02-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I have the same exact problem and i have no idea what to do can anyone help us
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 02:48 AM
This is ridiculous. I can't get to Lt. Commander, meaning I can't get any better ship other than the POS you get to start out with, and no new skills. I think this is going to be an expensive dust collector uninstalled from my hard drive ad cancelled on PayPal before my free 30 days ends so I don't wind up wasting another 15 bucks for the subscription fee. I wish I hadn't sprung for the collector's edition. I basically paid $30 extra for a metal pin I could have found on eBay for next to nothing, and a couple of in-game extras that don't really mean anything.

I'm very disappointed with this. It was fun for a while, but the only way to actually get anywhere is to jump through endless hoops and keep doing the same repetitive crap over and over again, just in different locations, and even then, it's ridiculously difficult to improve your character and get anywhere in the game.

Hopefully, LucasArts is paying attention and fixing SWTOR so that it doesn't share any of these same stupid problems, and that game will be as good as I expect it to be. I can uninstall STO to make room for it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 04:07 AM
Just get to lvl 11 and spend all your points. The numbers are bugged. SOmetimes it shows you have spent 0 and sometimes it shows the correct amount.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 04:30 AM
Well its not to hard to see, if you open the "Skills" page at the bottom under your player, it tells tyou how many point you have spent so far, at if you hover your mouse pointer over the EXP bar at the top, it tells you how many skill points you need to sepnd to rank up. I dont see why its so hard for people to understand!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 04:37 AM
afaik th only problem is the word "more"

You need to be lvl 11, 21, etccc and have the designated amount skillpoints allocated.

the word "more" is simply wrong.

Also be sure to spend your skillpoints, since your instrinsic lvl-based skills like sensor scan, etc... are unlocked only after you spend the skillpoints and not after you reached the rank...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 04:46 AM
In space the bar is bugged yes.
Since it shows how many skill points you need to spend to reach next level and your ship have no actual skils... It's showing the value from the start of your new rank.
As in will show how much you need to spend from Lt to Lt Com or Lt Com to Commander etc.

On ground it will show the correct amount you need to spend.