Career Officer
# 11
07-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooddaytodie39 View Post
They have pretty good talk-to-text tech these days. You'd think they'd have a program that could easily create a transcript from an audio recording.
Oh? Please let me know, I'd love to give it a try -- Will it identify more than one voice and split them accordingly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldannach View Post
Not for my post i hope. I'm just telling it how it is. $4000+ for 3 people to go to Vegas for 4 days? And use twitter? Wow, the hardship.

Good work if you can get it i guess...
I assure you, we'll be doing more than just using Twitter. Did you followed our convention coverage in 2012 and 2013? We work for our listeners much harder than limiting our content to just 140 characters.

Oh, and I encourage everyone to have a gander at our backer rewards. We made certain that if we were going to ask for our loyal listeners to financially support our coverage of #STLV on their behalf, that we had some sweet SWAG to grant them bragging rights among their trekkie friends.

http://igg.me/at/p1pod/x/7969444

Last edited by elijahmre; 07-15-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
07-15-2014, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahmre View Post
Oh? Please let me know, I'd love to give it a try -- Will it identify more than one voice and split them accordingly?

I assure you, we'll be doing more than just using Twitter. Did you followed our convention coverage in 2012 and 2013? We work for our listeners much harder than limiting our content to just 140 characters.
A 5 minute Google search brought this up.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Commander
# 13
07-15-2014, 05:27 PM
Quote:
I said "you'd think they'd have" not "they do have"...just to clarify. Edit: but now looking at the post above, maybe they do have?
Lieutenant
# 14
07-15-2014, 05:32 PM
Quote:
I have to be honest, after the first part about how they are actually trying to fleece enough money from hapless listeners for them all to go on holiday to Vegas,
A HUGE "Thank You" to all you hapless listeners who let themselves be fleeced by Elijah and the gang so they can take hours of audio and video recordings that we'll edit and release for the benefit of everyone who can't make it to STLV '14! Without you, none of this would be possible!

Quote:
followed by a shameless advert for a cosplay provider,
I'll just leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhrnMbhMgmw

Quote:
i stopped listening.
Too bad, I was REALLY good this episode. I mean, really good.

Hugs and Kisses,

Tony
Career Officer
# 15
07-15-2014, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
Thanks! I'll be sure to give it a shot at some point!
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
07-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Thanks! I'll be sure to give it a shot at some point!
Please do.

It does say it's there to assist in the manual annotation of speech, but how far that assistance goes is beyond me. It is open source, so no license fee is required. I'm sure there are some other commercial products out there if you dig deep enough.

There are many STO players who would likely be appreciative of the effort.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Empire Veteran
# 17
07-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Why is there not ever a transcript?

I sometimes listen in just for foundry stuff or dev interviews but I do not have time to dig through the whole thing to find what I wish to listen to.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 18
07-15-2014, 05:38 PM
A summary of the podcast

P1 : Smirk i have a few ques....

Smirk : I dont know

P1 : i wasnt finished with the gree..

Smirk : I DONT KNOW!!

P1 : But smirk i havent even asked a ...

Smirk : I DONT KNOW *Sticks fingers in ears* I DONT KNOW CANT HEAR YOU DONT KNOW CANT HEAR YOU LALALALALALALALALALALALALALA CANT HEAR YOU

P1: BUT I HAVENT EVEN ASK..

Smirk : CANT HEAR YOU DONT KNOW LALALALALALA CANT HEAR YOU LALALALALALA

P1: Tune in next time when we ask smirk about...

Smirk : NEXT TIME CANT HEAR YOU DONT KNOW LALALALALALALALALA WONT HEAR YOU THEN WONT KNOW EITHER LALALALALA!!!
Captain
# 19
07-15-2014, 05:59 PM
It's kind of sad how some folks have responded...

...though, admittedly from listening - I just keep picturing the head explosion from Scanners with the comment about what's going to be said at STLV.
Ensign
# 20
07-15-2014, 06:07 PM
You guys are doing a great job! Keep up all of the hard work. I hope all of you make it to Vegas. You have worked so hard for all of us listeners and we appreciate all that you do for us every week!