Starfleet Veteran
# 31
07-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Hey devs, you know that there is a "temporary" ceasefire in place after Surface Tension? Well, I was thinking that we should now be able to recruit BOffs that were previously available to FED/KDF only i.e. Vulcans/Gorn..Is this on the cards at all, or would this be too much too expect? Not that I'm ungrateful for these changes (good and not-so-good) at all.
Retribution for our sins - Retributio pro peccatis nostris
Captain
# 32
07-16-2014, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saedeith View Post
It has been mentioned that this is more like an alpha build that is going to hit holodeck. The crafting revamp won't be complete until somewhere down the line. Expansion 2? Who knows.
More like a Pre-Alpha build. Every release is in Beta when it goes live why do you think we have patches every week to fix bugs. If they took the extra time to actually look at their code and make sure it worked before pushing it live, then we might actually have a stable game.

They haven't started to wonder why the game is dying yet. TOO MANY BUGS!!! More than 90% of my fleet left because of bugs. I would say roughly 50% of those that left was because of the bugs. The remaining is split between the constant grinding, lack of END GAME CONTENT and real life issues.

I can count on both hands how many I have left in my fleet. Exactly 3 that are active on a daily basis and 6 or 7 that log in two or three times a week. That is down from over 157 players in a once thriving fleet. That doesn't count alternate toons either.
Fleet Admiral
Jeffry L. Caler
Commanding Officer
USS Avenger
Lieutenant
# 33
07-16-2014, 01:23 PM
My feedback on the new “traits” from raising a crafting school to level 15.

Beam Barrage: +2% beam damage for 20 sec when activating beam ability.
- I really enjoyed using this. Everything worked as I expected.
- Propose that you keep this, it's nice!

Penetrating Rounds: ignores 10 armor “resistance” rating on ground targets.
- I like this addition, my ground weapons hit harder.
- Propose that you keep this, it's good!

Kinetic Precision: +10% shield bleed through for projectiles (torpedo & mines).
- I really enjoyed using this. Everything worked as I expected.
- Propose that you keep this, it's great!

Inelastic Collisions: Massive shield resists for 2 seconds when using a shield heal.
- I liked this but the duration is a tad too short. 10 sec is too long but 5 seconds seems about right.
- Propose changing this abilities duration to 4 seconds.

Particle Manipulator: Increased damage for exotic abilities affected by particle generators.
- No trait shows for this but the ability Icon is present on your HUD as if it's a passive ability?
- Propose a Trait be associated with this ability that the player can select.

Deft Cannoneer: +1 Turn rate and +10inertia for 20 sec when activating cannon ability.
- I felt this trait did next to nothing for me. The inertia worked and the turn rate but even in a big ship it is too small to be worth a trait slot.
- Propose giving it more turn rate like +5 and also make you immune to turn rate debuffs.

Give Your All: 20% damage reduction.
- I could not test this trait it has the wrong ability attached (see screen shot).
- http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7623c89d.jpg
- Ticket ID #45,851

I hope this feedback was helpful?
Captain
# 34
07-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trelane87 View Post
Just outfitted my Human KDF boff with Honor Guard:

http://i.imgur.com/Xt36cLO.jpg

Now if I could only put Federation Uniforms on my Fed Diplomacy boffs, that would be awesome
EXACTLY. PLEASE DEV TEAM MAKE IT HAPPEN.

It would cause pure joy in me. You wouldn't deny me a moment of pure joy would you?
Quote:
The new doff UI is still horrifically awful, please nerf!!!!
Yes yes, nerf it to oblivion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saedeith View Post
It has been mentioned that this is more like an alpha build that is going to hit holodeck. The crafting revamp won't be complete until somewhere down the line. Expansion 2? Who knows.
They have said that they plan on having it completed by X2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivedutch View Post
Please extend the tailor fixxes to all Bridge Officers u can get ...

I can change just about anything on my Borg bridge officers ... no problem there.
I can change just about anything on my Android bridge officer ... no problem there.

We have Remans in the game as captains & bridge officers ... why cant i alter the rewarded one ?

I can understand that it would be immersion breaking if ppl could alter their Jem Hadar's facials ... but body size & uniforms should not be a problem for them.

I can understand that a bodysuit is required for my Breen, but again ... there are different suits, and the body sizing should be change-able.

I recruit the Embassy boffs to my crew, why must they walk around as civilian clones ?

Whats needed is probably just a system that would "prevent certain species changes/particulars"... but things like colors & body sizes should always be change-able.

Now ... please let me change my boffs, then i can finally fix my faceless romulan tac. (yes, i actually have a boff on a char that only has floating eyeballs where the face should be)
This is an extremely good point.Romulan and Reman BOFFS should have access to Romulan Republic uniforms, it's just good logic. Every Embassy BOFF should be a Romulan Republic officer, it just makes sense. No reason to take away the Embassy robes, but they need more wardrobe.

That said, the reward from Cloaked Intentions is one of Obisek's officers not a Romulan Republic officer, so that reward officer should get access to a Starfleet/KDF Uniform. If that would cause difficulty in coding, than the Republic Uniforms are more than acceptable.

As for the Breen officer could we get access to the different Breen enemy uniform types? At least up to the Commander level, though I'm sure plenty of people would get a kick out of having their own Thot Trell giant Breen on their team.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"