Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 11
07-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnb1 View Post
Wow good stuff here, thanks!

At face value, if I stick with my plasma gear, does it seem like my current build would be conducive at all to the 2 pc Nukara set? Or maybe the 2 pc Counter COmmand set? Maybe a warp core from either set to round it out?
I would say if plasma is your thing, ditch the Omni core, and go for a good fleet elite core.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Career Officer
# 12
07-16-2014, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
I would say if plasma is your thing, ditch the Omni core, and go for a good fleet elite core.
With AMP!

10char
-32nd Vipers- PvP Team

We'll settle this the old Navy way. First guy to die Loses!
Lieutenant
# 13
07-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant37 View Post
.... I'd also recommend you try to get your hands on some Spire tactical consoles asap and an Elite Fleet warpcore.
As in some of those Vulnerability Locators from the Spire?? Should I be using those instead of Plasma infusers?

Actually, after some research, i think i found the answer.

Last edited by quinnb1; 07-17-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Lieutenant
# 14
07-16-2014, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
With AMP!

10char
Ohhhhhh ok, cool! Which one of the AMP cores do you recommend????

thanks!
Lieutenant
# 15
07-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Also, are the Elite Fleet AMP warp cores from Fleet Dilithium mine worth getting?
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
07-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Quote:
As in some of those Vulnerability Locators from the Spire?? Should I be using those instead of Plasma infusers?

Actually, after some research, i think i found the answer.
Oh god yes. Try teaming them up with the +pla embassy consoles. I'd also forget the iso charge console, shift the borg into the eng slot and bring in another console.
Btw, have you considered going for Bfaw 2 and apo 1 instead of your current tac boff setup?
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}
Lieutenant
# 17
07-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous View Post
Oh god yes. Try teaming them up with the +pla embassy consoles. I'd also forget the iso charge console, shift the borg into the eng slot and bring in another console.
Btw, have you considered going for Bfaw 2 and apo 1 instead of your current tac boff setup?
You mean like an Embassy Mk XI Science Console with [-TH][Pla]? I have one in my bank...It gives +9 Plasma, but I guess I misunderstood its purpose; the way it was described, I thought it was only meant for non-plasma weapons....

I will try the tac boff configuration you mentioned....

Still hoping someone can clear up my earlier inquiry about whether to go for the Nukara or Counter Command 2 pc set.....

Career Officer
# 18
07-18-2014, 12:18 AM
Quote:
You mean like an Embassy Mk XI Science Console with [-TH][Pla]? I have one in my bank...It gives +9 Plasma, but I guess I misunderstood its purpose; the way it was described, I thought it was only meant for non-plasma weapons....

I will try the tac boff configuration you mentioned....

Still hoping someone can clear up my earlier inquiry about whether to go for the Nukara or Counter Command 2 pc set.....

Counter command 2 piece is a boost to phaser or disruptor only, so useless to you. The nukara 2 piece is a boost to all weapon damage, so would boost your plasma weapons.

However, a lot of people (including myself) think using the undine deflector with the nukara engines and shields is good for damage output.
Exploding in a massive ball of fire and wreckage since 2012.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
07-18-2014, 06:50 AM
If you stick with plasma, get an Elite Fleet AMP Core, with the 2 piece Nukara (Shields/Engine) and the Counter Command Deflector. Snag some Spire Consoles and +Pla Embassy Consoles and if you got the credits, a Plasmonic Leach console since the AMP Core requires 75 power in a cat to give the damage bonus.

If you switch to AP, use the Oblisk Core and Omni Array along with the C-CMD Deflector and 2 Piece Nukara (Shied/Engine). Also, look at the 3 piece Dyson Ordnance set, the 2 piece is +3% Crit Chance and the 3 piece adds 10% Severity.
Lieutenant
# 20
07-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowy1 View Post
If you stick with plasma, get an Elite Fleet AMP Core
Are the Elite Fleet Spire AMP cores a necessity or will the Elite Fleet Dilithium AMP cores suffice?

Thanks very much for the help.