Lt. Commander
Seriously, I haven't had a single login without a new major issue.

Be it controls, binds, visuals, or even the damn LOGIN MENU.

I understand that the game is new, and it's only natural to have some bugs, but really now, I bought this game in a store, in a nice pretty box, and it still feels like a downloaded beta testing unfinished crap with patches every couple of days.

If you weren't ready, you should have pushed the release date back.

On the flipside, when everything DOES work out, I've never had so much fun playing an MMO as I have piloting a ship in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 02:42 AM
The thing is, one person's "major problem" is another person's minor inconvenience.

I haven't encountered anything I would have called game breaking or major. Have I encountered problems? Sure. And I bug them, or open a ticket, and move on. Just like any other MMO I've played.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 02:48 AM
Honestly I haven't had any OMGWTF problems once beta closed.

Wait, I take it back, the manual sucks so much I wanted to punch a tribble. The community is working on fixing that though it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 02:53 AM
No not really... The only problem Chat keeps running into is that horrid tip popup you get every single *censor* time you visit SB1.
It makes this girl scream like a man.

There are bugs of course but nothing that stops the game from being fun for Chat.
Except those horrid popups in SB1... DIE *censor* DIE!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 02:55 AM
Major problem to me just spells "server down", otherwise I have had nothing to complain about really. The launch has been more succesful than alot of other MMO's previously have. And sometimes problems don't show untill you really stress the servers, which usually happens at launch.

The only other inconvenience to myself and many others is the goldspam issue, which cannot be blamed on Cryptic and has to be battled by both players by reporting the spammers and Cryptic by banning the right accounts, which usually takes manual verfication I guess and thus means alot of work. I'm sure some sort of implemented spam-filter would be welcomed too at some point, but such things take some time to develop.

-- Ishtirna
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 02:58 AM
other than server down time which I expect in a new mmo, not really many. i got punted off the server like 4 times since launch which actually is damn good. last major issue i had was before OB closed when my ship would beam down to the planet or my captain would beam out into space and fall down to the bottom of the sector map. Glad thats all fixed..
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 03:00 AM
not a hint of a problem - 'cept for server offline for maintenance.

my login screen even complains about my 'older' nvidia drivers - but i keep the version i have for another application.

really now, yes, I have not had even minor problems, let alone major ones.

issues/opinion of the gameplay itself aside, i've had a flawless run here in australia.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 03:01 AM
My major problem at the moment, is I can't rebind anything to any actionbars.

I've tried restarting, and even reinstalling, and each time I move my abilities around, they simply don't work at all.

It's just fine if I leave them as-is for any equipment, but I don't like using my PINKY to fire a phaser. (I'm looking at YOU default fire 1)
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-14-2010, 03:03 AM
The only problem I've ever had with this game is not getting a quest reward, but because I was going to sell it anyways I didn't care much. It's been really smooth besides that.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-14-2010, 03:03 AM
i am a rear admiral and havent meet any major problems at all beside the server down but that is normal for a new mmo.