Lt. Commander
# 21
02-14-2010, 04:57 AM
Only problem I had was a tribble invasion.

I let the little mongrels multiply. When 2 of them appeared in my gear list I cleaned house and just kept one (The Ships Tribble in place of Ships Cat, Snowy).

Keep one you're okay, 3+ you have a problem
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-14-2010, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigotiger
Only things that bother me are having to set up my skill bar EVERY time I beam to a planet. Another one is enemy ships getting stuck in asteroids. Then another is warping into an enemy contact signal only to spawn right in the middle of every enemy ship on the map.
Not a big deal. I can still play the game. Compared to other mmos I played when they came out this one is smooth here.
You don't find spawning in the middle of massive numbers of enemies a major problem???

Imagine playing WoW, you're Horde and just starting a round of WSG, and you spawn in the Alliance base...
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-14-2010, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myque
You don't find spawning in the middle of massive numbers of enemies a major problem???

Imagine playing WoW, you're Horde and just starting a round of WSG, and you spawn in the Alliance base...
Not really. Either switch instances, do something else, or just let them kill you and click the "respawn" button about 3 seconds before the reset timer expires. When it resets, the NPC spawn campers disappear. At least that's not a "major" problem to me, as there are multiple things to do to get around it.
Lt. Commander
so far, the only problems i've faced are phasing through objects
(happens with scenery in all mmos)
rubber banding
(not really that big a deal, is it?)
and my computer shutting down automatically to keep the graphics card from overheating and lighting my computer on fire (like that one guy who tried to play this on a 20 year old computer with windows freaken 98)
but that last one is hardly a problem at all, because as soon as i log back on, it puts me back in my mission right where i left off.

But if you're having problems, you should consider getting a major computer overhaul. Me? All i had to do was use my "D" drive
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-14-2010, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyrogers
Not really. Either switch instances, do something else, or just let them kill you and click the "respawn" button about 3 seconds before the reset timer expires. When it resets, the NPC spawn campers disappear. At least that's not a "major" problem to me, as there are multiple things to do to get around it.
Quite the contrary in my opinion.

If you need to do things to "get around" something that should be basic gameplay, that's a major flaw, and tells me this game wasn't ready for release.

Sure you can get around it, but that doesn't make it any less of a flaw, it just makes the game PLAYABLE.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
so far, the only problems i've faced are phasing through objects
(happens with scenery in all mmos)
rubber banding
(not really that big a deal, is it?)
and my computer shutting down automatically to keep the graphics card from overheating and lighting my computer on fire (like that one guy who tried to play this on a 20 year old computer with windows freaken 98)
but that last one is hardly a problem at all, because as soon as i log back on, it puts me back in my mission right where i left off.

But if you're having problems, you should consider getting a major computer overhaul. Me? All i had to do was use my "D" drive
My specs are fine, well above the recommended. Whatever problems I have aren't due to my systems capabilities.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-14-2010, 05:51 AM
1 week since inputting my Subscription and NO ISSUES. Am I the only person that can say this?
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-14-2010, 06:04 AM
I haven't had any major gamebreaking issues since launch. Sure the rubberbanding sucked and the servers being offline was a mild annoyance. But the game itself ran pretty smooth. As for problems with the UI etc, I saw a few bugs with it. But again, nothing "gamebreaking". I just worked around them.

One can argue over semantics as to what constitutes a "flaw" or "bug" or whatever, but in the end that is a completely pointless discussion.

Aside from concerns regarding a lack of content (which is a different discussion entirely) nothing in the game so far has caused me to consider stop playing. Yes its a bit shallow in gameplay. But its not a big "problem" (in so far as the OP's definition) yet. I'll guess we'll have to see what the next month brings.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Securion View Post
The fanbois of course dont have any problems at all. Its just the rest of us!
I would describe you as bitter but that would be an injustice to bitter people. Please make sure your whole head is in front of the shotgun when you pull the trigger. If you decide to slash your wrist please be sure to visit your local butcher and have him sharpen the blade for you. You should seek therapy or at the very least try smiling...its easy...try it you will be amazed at the results.

@ those having techinical issues: You are in the wrong section. Perhaps if you asked in the Techinical Support forums you may get some help with any issues you may be having.

@ those who are having fun with this game despite its faults: Congratulations and I will see you in game.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-14-2010, 06:35 AM
My main mjor issue is that during combat I keep hitting that stupid flag button rather than the alt button and it keeps switching off the game for some reason. The worst bit is the game still continues and if you click star trek on the bottom bar it goes completely blank. What is that buttton for anyway?