Lt. Commander
# 31
02-14-2010, 06:36 AM
No problems here...at all. I'm just lucky that way.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-14-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortikhan View Post
I would describe you as bitter but that would be an injustice to bitter people. Please make sure your whole head is in front of the shotgun when you pull the trigger. If you decide to slash your wrist please be sure to visit your local butcher and have him sharpen the blade for you. You should seek therapy or at the very least try smiling...its easy...try it you will be amazed at the results.

@ those having techinical issues: You are in the wrong section. Perhaps if you asked in the Techinical Support forums you may get some help with any issues you may be having.

@ those who are having fun with this game despite its faults: Congratulations and I will see you in game.
Your obvious irritability only strengthens his statement. MANY (and I can't emphasize "many" enough) have had problems, and you're insulted by that? I'm sorry but the fanboy arrow is pointing at you quite hard.

This isn't a thread about any one technical issue, this is an open thread asking about peoples experiences with the game, and if they've had a smooth run, as opposed to mine which has been quite rough.

I still have fun, and will continue to play, so I guess my thread applies to the third part of your post, but I know you'll rage a little inside anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Me
I havent had what Id call a MAJOR (IE cant play the game due to this) issue yet upon logging into the game.
All the rest is minor imo
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Major would be like the servers being offline for a week. Or my character being deleted.

So, no major problems here. Annoyances yes. Those are ignorable.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myque
Your obvious irritability only strengthens his statement. MANY (and I can't emphasize "many" enough) have had problems, and you're insulted by that? I'm sorry but the fanboy arrow is pointing at you quite hard.

This isn't a thread about any one technical issue, this is an open thread asking about peoples experiences with the game, and if they've had a smooth run, as opposed to mine which has been quite rough.

I still have fun, and will continue to play, so I guess my thread applies to the third part of your post, but I know you'll rage a little inside anyways.
Nope not even close on the fanboy statement. Strange part is I have always been a huge Star Wars fanboy but never played it online. Why? Because I am so much a fan that I would most likely hate what they would do with that game. I would always expect more than what they would offer. For the record I have always been a casual Star Trek fan at best. As you said...this is not about any one technical issue. This is about someone wanting to shoot thier mouth off rather than give any kind of constructive criticism. Securion has posted many times and has had nothing but negative things to say about this game and very little to offer in the way actual improvement. Just a lot of "WAAAAAHH, I don't like it. Fix it.". If he knows exactly how to "fix" these all important gamebreaking issues then he/she should apply for a job wih Cryptic and put on his job application that he knows how to make STO work flawlessly.

You are right about this being a complaint thread. I was merely pointing posters in the direction of the people who can actually help them. Complaining here does not help fix anything. Restating a problem over and over again has never in the history of the world helped solve any problem. It only serves to antagonize others into a negative or personal response which is going to get the solution making process off track. This is a troll fishing for a fight, and more to the point fishing for a fight with people who will most likely not help him. Any billing issues or technical problems should be addressed properly and in thier proper place. This is not the right place for it. He is just looking to throw out a general statement of general dissatisfaction with STO which he has covered numerous times already in other posts. He thinks he is putting someone under the gun by issuing ultimatums and threats when actually all he is doing is venting.

To your first part...I am among the "MANY" who have had issues with this game. The difference is I do not expect them to fix those issues in a nanosecond. I also properly post issues and report bugs whiich in my experience with Cryptic have been addressed in a reasonable time frame. If you post things like, "This **** is broken. Fix it you techy *****es.", you are bound to not get a response. If you tell them EXACTLY what the issue is and tell them EXACTLY what events lead up to that bug/issue then they fix it rather quickly. As an example: I put in a ticket for a random exploration mission. I had a problem where one of the artifacts I had to scan was spawning underground. I told them what happened and what I had done to that point to try and resolve the problem. I logged out and went to work. Low and behold when I came home and logged in the mission was fixed. That is an example and a simple fix to a small problem. Bigger problems require more time and more data or input to pinpoint the exact issue not restating the complaint over and over again. Where I come from this is called TROUBLESHOOTING, a long forgotten and seldom used form of problem solving.

If you walk into a doctors office, you tell him what is wrong and then he asks you questions that you have to answer in order for him to help you. When you say, "Doc I have a purple spot on the back of my neck." and he says, "Did you get hit in the neck with anything?", and you respond, "I don't ****ing know just fix it *******." do you think he is going to help you faster, slower or at all? Programming is the same way. Tell them the problem and the symptoms and they can work on a cure. Furthermore you do not complain to the receptionist at the office and expect a solution to your probelm.