Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2010, 04:13 AM
When you do the regular Iota Pavonis patrol missions at Commander 5 to 8, you will get great loot-items such as blue MK-V tactical consoles, MK-VI quantum torpedoes, MK-VI dual tetryon cannons and much more. If just my internet was a bit more stable lately.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2010, 05:01 AM
I have millions of energy credits. Just made Admiral.

Best use or massive game cash is buying very rare equipment and some rare off the exchange.

Also to get the very rare BO's off the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejin
I don't know guys. I have a lot of exploration equipment and spend a fair amount of time in the exploration clusters. However, I also have gobs of unspent energy credits. I'd recommend JustPete buy what he can at Starbase 39 first. That will let him determine where best to spend his exploration badges.

If you get all your equipment from the exploration clusters, I think you're going to end up outleveling the available non-exploration missions.
Not really, for example I finished the Iota Pavonis sector block yesterday before accepting the mission to go to DS9. Today I started there with the Badlands mission and was exactly the same level as the enemies. However I'm only doing "Defend the XXX Sector Block" missions once and otherwise making wide arcs around enemy signal contacts.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Not really, for example I finished the Iota Pavonis sector block yesterday before accepting the mission to go to DS9. Today I started there with the Badlands mission and was exactly the same level as the enemies. However I'm only doing "Defend the XXX Sector Block" missions once and otherwise making wide arcs around enemy signal contacts.
Hmm. Something is causing me to outlevel the missions. I've done no fleet actions, no PvP. Probably only about 1 DSE for every three Sector Block's I've been in (and only once for the ones I've done), and now I'm entering Iota Pavonis and I'm 1-3 levels above all the missions. I've done every Patrol mission and every Episode mission, which I assume is what they are expecting is to be doing. Exploration missions seems the obvious culprit. I've probably done about 3-4 rounds of triple missions in each of the exploration clusters. This is enough for me to get some, but by no means all the equipment I need (for example at Commander 6, I'm still running mostly Green Mk IV Phaser Arrays -- I'd love to upgrade them, but that would take a good 4-5 sets of exploration cluster missions).

How many Exploration Missions are you doing?