Career Officer
# 11
06-19-2014, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly0 View Post
Seriously, Diplomatic is what you are having trouble with.

What about Colonial, they need beefing up big time.
Colonial isn't that bad if you got access to a cell ship fleet. My latest new toons colonised all the galaxy in about a week, the only restriction is the size of your colonists quarters.

Diplo is rather painful and unrewarding.

Yes, there's Entertain Foreign Dignitaries. It is available almost everywhere on cd, but it requires very specific doffs, which are a bit of a pain to transfer from toon to toon. And there's also GQ commodities gift missions, but you need said commodities and actually find the location.

Other than that, the only option for diplo is SIR, BU, ZA, AT round picking up whatever you can find. For 10 days or so. Which is a bit tedious.
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Career Officer
# 12
06-19-2014, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde123123 View Post
Colonial isn't that bad if you got access to a cell ship fleet. My latest new toons colonised all the galaxy in about a week, the only restriction is the size of your colonists quarters.

Diplo is rather painful and unrewarding.

Yes, there's Entertain Foreign Dignitaries. It is available almost everywhere on cd, but it requires very specific doffs, which are a bit of a pain to transfer from toon to toon. And there's also GQ commodities gift missions, but you need said commodities and actually find the location.

Other than that, the only option for diplo is SIR, BU, ZA, AT round picking up whatever you can find. For 10 days or so. Which is a bit tedious.
recruitment is the worse, I can never find any good paying XP for that.
Career Officer
# 13
06-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedsnake001 View Post
hmmm... I rarely bother grinding recruitment specifically, it happens automatically from supports and doff exchanges.

However if you're really set to grind recruitment to T4, eat a cxp boost, and go shred some doffs
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Captain
# 14
06-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedsnake001 View Post
Best way to do recruitment is to puree craptons of junk doff into starbase food. This activity is even profitable, so it's okay to simply buy the inputs.
Empire Veteran
# 15
06-19-2014, 08:54 AM
It is the worst news to come out of this game is a very long time.

It is going to be bad, really bad.

The reason doffing was the shining light of STO was because it hadnt been changed in so long.

The guy who made it isnt with Cryptic anymore, as I understand, and they left his competent and capable work alone, like they should.

But now something has changed, and the hands behind so much that has gone wrong with STO are going to mangle doffing.

Already they've confirmed it will be an insipid grind to get 'research and development materials' - repeating STFs over and over like all the other so-called content in the game.
Free jkname.

Rihannsu
# 16
06-19-2014, 11:34 AM
I'm actually hoping that the change they mentioned is the oft-requested ability to see(but not start) missions you're on CD for and the remaining cd.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 17
06-19-2014, 11:43 AM
their "ui" facelift, is another term for a lets butcher this game system since peopel actually seem to be utilizing it and enjoying it, and we simply can't have it.

its already been shown that their facelift is going to be far more comprehensive than a ui revamp, and it will fundamentally change the entire mechanics for doffing altogether.

tl;dr this game sucks.
Captain
# 18
06-19-2014, 10:34 PM
I cannot help but notice that the number of positive reactions to this so far appears to be "zero". This seems to have been the least popular move since the original S7 dil nerfs, which at least had SOME people approving of it. Quite frankly, it seems to provide no benefits whatsoever, even though I do understand the reasons behind the axing of the Exploration Missions (BUT WHY CAN'T WE KEEP OUR CLUSTER SCANNINGS?).
Career Officer
# 19
06-20-2014, 04:02 AM
The new interface is live on Tribble...

...and it is AWFUL.

In fact, it's worse than awful, it is an utter disaster. A diabolical shambles and a complete and utter joke.

I can't even be bothered to post 'constructive' critisism of the thing. If that's honestly what the so-called 'devs' think a good piece of work/improvement is then I am afraid it's time to find a new game.

McCoy: It's a song, you green-blooded... Vulcan. You sing it. The words aren't important. What's important is that you have a good time singing it.
Spock: Oh, I am sorry Doctor. Were we having a good time?
McCoy: God I liked him better before he died.
Captain
# 20
06-20-2014, 04:47 AM
I've been playing since beta and.. I can't bring to memory a worse case of UI design in this game.. this is going to kill Doffing entirely. Even the horrible sensor analysis arrow is better than this.

Last edited by mightybobcnc; 06-20-2014 at 04:50 AM.