Captain
# 201
07-18-2014, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Going to repost some of my feedback here:

- Manual DOFF selection is pretty bad. Won't argue about that. They need to build in some advanced sorting and filtering. And auto-selecting purples for death assignments is not cool.

- Assignment requirements appear in this little ribbon that can scroll off to the side and get hidden. I discovered (by accident) that this ribbon actually does scroll. But it's not obvious and it's not intuitive to mouse users. There ought to be visible arrows that make it clear it's a side-scroll. They need that even if they're building the interface with touch screens in mind.

Other than that, so far I'm okay with the update and pleasantly surprised it's not the total disaster some are making it out to be.

I won't repeat my crafting feedback here. Just focusing on the DOFF UI.
for the amount of space the items take up, THERE IS NO REASON anything should be truncated and require a side scroll.

That is simply poor design. Poor design. Just tweaking the size would make everything fit. To me ot seems more like something an IT person would do rather than an actual designer.
Ensign
# 202
07-18-2014, 09:11 AM
Just awful. I was considering quitting after the last update...decided to hang around in the hopes things would get fixed. My mistake. Won't happen again. After seeing the mess that is the new DOFF UI I'm hanging up my uniform.

Instead of fixing things that aren't broken,why not take care of technical glitches in the actual gameplay? The old UI was just fine and if a person couldn't figure it out, maybe this wasn't the game for them anyway. You've seen the last of my money,won't be spending another cent on this game or any of the others I used to play but now won't. Best of luck to all and happy gaming!
Captain
# 203
07-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kragg13 View Post
Just awful. I was considering quitting after the last update...decided to hang around in the hopes things would get fixed. My mistake. Won't happen again. After seeing the mess that is the new DOFF UI I'm hanging up my uniform.

Instead of fixing things that aren't broken,why not take care of technical glitches in the actual gameplay? The old UI was just fine and if a person couldn't figure it out, maybe this wasn't the game for them anyway. You've seen the last of my money,won't be spending another cent on this game or any of the others I used to play but now won't. Best of luck to all and happy gaming!
They wasted efforts and time and probably money designind a new ESD that was completely unnecessary, and they could just invested those efforts fixing the most annoying bugs in-game, now they design a terrible new doff ui because they want to, even if all the player base dont, instead of investing those efforts fixing bugs, i now how you feel. But this is cryptic, dont find any reasonable explanation. Just play the game.. i stoped paying money for this game time ago... i guess i have less patience than you do lol.
Career Officer
# 204
07-18-2014, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelchenchuan View Post
To me ot seems more like something an IT person would do rather than an actual designer.
As an "IT Person", I would never make something this shoddy.
DOFF UI FEEDBACK --> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1189061

"All I see in the forums are a lot of subjective ranting" -Al Rivera
I have been here since beta.
Captain
# 205
07-18-2014, 09:59 AM
the side scroll bar also BARELY works. If you don't click in the proper spot you end up moving the window and not the slider.

So everything is needlessly big but the bar you need to side scroll.

I have a set of officers I use daily for marauding assignements. I have the exact amount I need to fill all "Attack XXX Freighter". Now many of those don't even show up as an option.

Some missions now seem to require the specific officer, ie you MUST use Energy Weapons officer and not Projectile while others take anyone.
Captain
# 206
07-18-2014, 10:07 AM
And really.. is it so hard to add a BACK button to all the screens we are forced to open....
Commander
# 207
07-18-2014, 10:11 AM
What's the problem with the new DOFF UI? Why are some people upset? I mean when I first looked at it and fiddled with it, I hated it, but after playing with it for a bit, I'm used to it now, and it seems fine to me. Whatever algorithm they're using is much better than the "suggestions" you used to get (I've been checking, I can't ever find anyone better to slot other than the suggested DOFFs).

I guess it feels a bit more mechanistic - you just click through now. Is that it? Maybe it feels a bit less proactive?
Captain
# 208
07-18-2014, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurugeorge View Post
What's the problem with the new DOFF UI? Why are some people upset? I mean when I first looked at it and fiddled with it, I hated it, but after playing with it for a bit, I'm used to it now, and it seems fine to me. Whatever algorithm they're using is much better than the "suggestions" you used to get (I've been checking, I can't ever find anyone better to slot other than the suggested DOFFs).

I guess it feels a bit more mechanistic - you just click through now. Is that it? Maybe it feels a bit less proactive?
If by now, after enumerating ALL the problems the new doff system could carry on several posts, you dont know what is the problem... then.. you maybe started doing doffing 1 day ago, or you are really really noob... its not about being "used" to it, its about being practical, fast and well-made. The old system was perfect, in every aspect, now you have a new system that lacks functionallity in every step of the way. Why cryptic keep feeling the "need" of replacing things with unpractical revamps, i will never understand, not me , not every reasonable person on these forums.
Captain
# 209
07-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurugeorge View Post
I can't ever find anyone better to slot other than the suggested DOFFs).
lol... that's one of the problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I have better because Ive done the mission everyday or every few days for 3 years. There is no rhyme or reason as to the choices you are provided
Career Officer
# 210
07-18-2014, 11:29 AM
UI Artist Thomas the Cryptic Cat will be on Priority One Podcast this evening!
Ask questions here: https://www.facebook.com/PriorityOne...72513262858075
DOFF UI FEEDBACK --> http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1189061

"All I see in the forums are a lot of subjective ranting" -Al Rivera
I have been here since beta.