Republic Veteran
# 21
06-20-2014, 05:18 AM
Dare I ask for a screenshot whilst I am at work? Will it be NSFW?
# 22
06-20-2014, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Dare I ask for a screenshot whilst I am at work? Will it be NSFW?
There are a few screenshots on the second post in the official tribble doff Ui feedback thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1147711

But beware. It looks absolutely horrible. Way, way more inconvienient than before, no added benefits.
Lt. Commander
# 23
06-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Wow. I'm trying it out on Tribble at the moment and here's an issue I've found:

All of the DOFF missions are alphabetized in the main menu. Instead of being sorted by category, it's just one list with icons on each one, but no way to off hand tell what they are.

When you hit "plan" to take a mission, it fills in the DOFF slots instead of giving you recommendations and letting you decide. Here's the kicker though: it gives you the critical success, success and disaster traits, but if you go to change the DOFF, you can't see their traits until after you swap them out.

And I can't tell if the DOFFs are arranged in a certain way or not. There's no order to the list, so you might have to scroll a long way if you have a ton of them. They're not alphabetical by name or position, the order seems to have nothing to do with what traits they have and it's difficult to tell if they are grouped by category.
Lieutenant
# 24
06-20-2014, 05:05 PM
I'm very sad about this. Doffing has been one of the most consistently enjoyable things about this game for a couple years now. It looks like it will become much less enjoyable, like most of the other changes they've instituted this year.
Commander
# 25
06-21-2014, 04:45 AM
If this pushes through I dont think ill ever get my other characters to rank 4 ever.
Captain
# 26
06-21-2014, 10:39 AM
I can understand doffing being tied in with crafting, however don't screw doffing over with this new ui, its terrible, its inefficient, and whoever thought it was a good idea should be demoted.
Career Officer
# 27
06-24-2014, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly0 View Post
If this pushes through I dont think ill ever get my other characters to rank 4 ever.
If this pushes through I will not play STO anymore. Doffing is the one enjoyable thing left and this UI change will kill it, rendering the game dead to me.

McCoy: It's a song, you green-blooded... Vulcan. You sing it. The words aren't important. What's important is that you have a good time singing it.
Spock: Oh, I am sorry Doctor. Were we having a good time?
McCoy: God I liked him better before he died.
Rihannsu
# 28
06-24-2014, 11:55 AM
It's not so much a facelift as a disfiguring beating, really. Personally it probably won't make me quit STO, haven't got anything else to do really but it'll definitely make Doffing too painful to obsess over as I have been.
Empire Veteran
# 29
06-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Wow... Just wow... I know this is only on Tribble and therefore if the Gods love us at all they will have mercy and make it stop sucking harder than a super massive blackhole but woooow...

There are degrees of bad and this 'update' as it currently stands is getting deep into the harsher degrees. Like was already said it is so bad it is hard to even offer constructive criticism. The best I can think to say is: Just don't do it!

You know it is BAD when that is the best advice.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Since there's been NO Dev feedback...ANYWHERE let me just state that the DoFFing UI update will come out without the most rudimentary sorting options is horibly inept or ineptly horrible.