Lt. Commander
# 41
02-14-2010, 05:11 AM
I'm playing from the UK and don't get that kind of latency either, as other's have said it seems better than a connection to the wow eu servers. It can survive my wife's habit of downloading movies when i'm trying to play a lot better than wow as well.

As i tend to play during the day the downtime schedule they've chosen isn't ideal for me, but it's only a couple of hours and i'm fairly sure once things stabalise it'll go down to at most once a week. Sure there's been a few unexpected downtimes as well but to be honest with an MMO this new that's hardly surprising, and I'm enjoying the game enough that they don't bother me in the slightest (just as long as they don't go down when my wife want's me to put shelves up or something, cause then I can't claim i'm in the middle of something).

I've seen people speaking other languages in zone chat fairly frequently, but it wouldn't surprise me if a number of them have joined up various custom channels so they don't have to deal with the inevitable (and regrettable that people are like this) cries of "speak english". Maybe check the relavent sections of the forums to see if custom channels are being used?
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-14-2010, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakes-Fist-At-Sky
If you stopped playing then please stop posting. Insulting anyone who likes the games just because you don't doesn't make you cool...it makes you a hypocrite.
I can be wrong,but that guy payed for the month already.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-14-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodzero View Post
Philip Morris(they fight cancer a lot NOW)
That doesn't mean they're not out to make money...
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-14-2010, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodzero View Post
Philip Morris(they fight cancer a lot NOW)
Just because they fight cancer doesn't mean they are not out to make money.

From Philip Morris USA site....

Quote:
The Mission guides and informs the business decisions at Altria Group and its operating companies, which pursue the Mission by focusing on four strategies:

1.Invest in Leadership: We will invest in excellent people, leading brands and external stakeholders important to our business success.

2.Align with Society: We will actively participate in resolving societal concerns that are relevant to our business.

3.Satisfy Adult Consumers: We will convert our deep understanding of adult tobacco consumer needs into better, more creative and more satisfying products.

4.Create Substantial Value for Shareholders: We will execute our business plans to create sustainable growth and generate substantial return for shareholders.

The Values shared by Altria Group and its operating companies, including PM USA, are the foundation for fulfilling our Mission and business strategies. Together, we strive to demonstrate these Values:

Integrity, trust and respect
Passion to succeed
Executing with quality
Driving creativity into everything we do
Sharing with others
While it might be couched in pretty words it all boils down to making money.

Make the product safer and fight cancer? Means more products that they can/will sell.

More satisfying products? Everyone with a bit of common sense knows that the more satisfying a product the more it will sell.

Investing in shareholders means more money for them so that they can invest in other things which will make them money.

....I could go on if you want me to?

Edit note: Forgot link ....

Phillipmorrisusa.com
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-14-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briffy View Post
That doesn't mean they're not out to make money...
Dully noted

Allelua,forums are still up .
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-14-2010, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norikor View Post
And how many years has EVE been running? What do you want to bet that EVE had a lot of server stability issues when it first came out?
Actually I've been in Eve Beta's, so I was there with launch. And it was not as bad as STO.
Not in my experience for that matter.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-14-2010, 05:21 AM
Welp all game is up! so off i go! doubt i'll respond in this thread again since it will no doubt be buried by the time i get back to the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-14-2010, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevara
Welp all game is up! so off i go! doubt i'll respond in this thread again since it will no doubt be buried by the time i get back to the forums.
I guess it's not
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-14-2010, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
According to Random House Dictionary a costumer is: A person who makes, sells, or rents costumes, as for theatrical productions.

According to American Heritage Dictionary a costumer is: One that makes or supplies costumes, as for plays or masquerades.

What do you want to bet the Oxford English Dictionary concurs?
Will you marry me?
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-14-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallurgist
According to Random House Dictionary a costumer is: A person who makes, sells, or rents costumes, as for theatrical productions.

According to American Heritage Dictionary a costumer is: One that makes or supplies costumes, as for plays or masquerades.

What do you want to bet the Oxford English Dictionary concurs?
Keep in mind that i learned english 20 years ago,i could do better in Spanish or french.Anyway ,it's corrected.
customer - costumer