Captain
# 21
07-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiden089 View Post
Is there anywhere i can trade in my old AEGIS set for the new MkXII set?
No, you need to craft it.
Captain
# 22
07-17-2014, 11:57 AM
One would have thought they would have fixed the bug that accessing the Tailor crashes the game to the desktop. Great job, dev team, for letting this bug hit Holodeck!

Edit: Seems to only crash Fed side. KDF side works for me.

Edit 2: Game crashes when my characters on the Fed side that previously purchased the Odyssey Uniform before Season 9.5 try to access the tailor.
<--------------------> <--------------------> <-------------------->
Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.

Last edited by cookiecrook; 07-17-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Rihannsu
I really only have 2 problems with the new Crafting System..

1: And this is the big one for me.. You need One set of Crafting materials, in order to create another set of crafting materials, in order to then Craft the items you want. There's no game I've played where you needed to gather crappy materials, in order to make the ACTUAL materials you need to craft!

2: Its insulting to see a "Finish now" button. Even if it is for Refined Dilithium. If you want to be a Facebook/Cellphone app based game.. Then go make one.. unless that's what your trying to do to STO.. turn it into one big Play now on FAcebook game.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Career Officer
# 24
07-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
I really only have 2 problems with the new Crafting System..

1: And this is the big one for me.. You need One set of Crafting materials, in order to create another set of crafting materials, in order to then Craft the items you want. There's no game I've played where you needed to gather crappy materials, in order to make the ACTUAL materials you need to craft!
Lord Of the Rings Online has had this system for years without issues.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Career Officer
# 25
07-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
Lord Of the Rings Online has had this system for years without issues.
The only problem I have so far is having to make the components 1 at a time then go back in to restart the mission 5 and 6 times.

Can you make a lot of the components at once?
Career Officer
# 26
07-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldonlcooper View Post
The only problem I have so far is having to make the components 1 at a time then go back in to restart the mission 5 and 6 times.

Can you make a lot of the components at once?
Yes they do allow multiple refinements all done consecutively, unlike here
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Captain
# 27
07-17-2014, 12:37 PM
The new DOff UI is awful! The big buttons are just not needed and everything seems too wide. I can't even tell which DOff assignments I don't meet the requirements for anymore and it's so many clicks just o get one started. Until this is reverted, I officially give up on the DOff system and I have no interest in the new crafting system.
<--------------------> <--------------------> <-------------------->
Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
Lieutenant
# 28
07-17-2014, 12:43 PM
The new doff UI is absolutely horrible..
I can only see a fraction of the list, huge amounts of waste screen space, can see less them half the assignments i could see before on the same screen real-estate, yet nothing new is shown
I can't see when the next assignments ends, heck the running assignments aren't even sorted based on which one will end first..
I have to hover over an icon to see what type of doff is needed, and sure the auto recommendations are better now, but I often don't put all my best doffs on a single assignment, but spread them out over a couple of similar ones.. and manually assigning doffs is an absolute nightmare now.. it doesn't even show which ones are the right profession, it only highlights the traits..

I've always done the doff projects on at least 5 chars or so, daily.. but this UI really kills doff'ing for me.. it's an unworkable mess..
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
07-17-2014, 12:46 PM
So did you Intend to BRAKE personal trades? Or was that just an accident?
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
07-17-2014, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiden089 View Post
Is there anywhere i can trade in my old AEGIS set for the new MkXII set?
They Broke that... ? What a bunch of Jerks! I guess the rumors were too good to be true.