Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2010, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by To3cutter View Post
Biggest issue with cloak is that it can be kept on for 98% of the time. I've played both sides, not too much KDF yet though I'll admit.

Cloak could have a duration, the cooldown should be longer than the duration (e.g. 3 min duration, 4 min cooldown) so you can't instacloak straight after an ambush and battle cloak should be BOP only

The above suggestion WILL cause tears.
There is no problem finding cloaked Klingons. If you take your PvE builds into an arena , expect to be smashed.
Having played my Klingon to 45 i can say there is no problem with Feds being able to spot them while cloaked.
My Fed character also has little trouble finding cloaked klingons

Battle Cloak already IS BoP only
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larhten View Post
My Fed character also has little trouble finding cloaked klingons
Please indulge us.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-14-2010, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoforo
Please indulge us.
Do i have to do EVERYTHING for you?

The only one your getting out of me is Charged Particle Burst

Rest of the skills/tactics you can find yourself.....
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-14-2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:

Anything more then 10km? No klings should be at 5km anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-14-2010, 06:29 AM
feddie bears moaning again all they ever do is moan they moaned and they got ground pvp nerfed they moaned if feds moan this much no wonder they are the pve faction they cant handle pvp so they moan about it till its as boring as pve learn to play springs to mind half of the kligon ships are not speced right come out of clock shields is at 0 the feds just need to stay 2gether same with kligon clock alows us to set up groups coz half of the time we are with nubs feds can just sit there and beam spam while face rolling the keyboard easy mode
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-14-2010, 06:30 AM
Quote:

So Klingon players just fly at you and walk right into PBAOEs because they're nice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightybum
feddie bears moaning again all they ever do is moan they moaned and they got ground pvp nerfed they moaned if feds moan this much no wonder they are the pve faction they cant handle pvp so they moan about it till its as boring as pve learn to play springs to mind half of the kligon ships are not speced right come out of clock shields is at 0 the feds just need to stay 2gether same with kligon clock alows us to set up groups coz half of the time we are with nubs feds can just sit there and beam spam while face rolling the keyboard easy mode
No one in this thread is moaning.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-14-2010, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos22
Anything more then 10km? No klings should be at 5km anyway.
Thats where the 'L2P' comes into it....

Now , thats all the help your lazy arses are getting.

Quote:
So Klingon players just fly at you and walk right into PBAOEs because they're nice?
Guess you missed the part where I said I know the klingon tactics initmately?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-14-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Thats where the 'L2P' comes into it....

Now , thats all the help your lazy arses are getting.

Guess you missed the part where I said I know the klingon tactics initmately?
Alreight. So your post comes down to... what?

Federation players have to play 45 levels of Klingon, and if they don't; tough luck?

Thank you for being so helpful. Clearly, we're the lazy ones for intelligently discussing the topic and experimenting in-game. I hope your fingers weren't strained. Because, surely, typing what ultimately breaks down to 'l2p newbs' is such a physical commitment.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Personally I think its down to fleet compersition and very basically the size of the groups in the arena atm.

Hypothetical scenario:

5 vs 5 as we have now. Klink pug group, not even bothering to team up, can alpha out 2 fed ships in the initial attack - fact!!

Within 5 - 10 secs the battle is 5 vs 3. Remaining 3 ships are either dispatched very quickly there after or the attacking Klinks have taken minor damage & simply speed out of range under RSP, heal then cloak.

Either way, its extremly difficult for the feds to group up again to form that 5 man fedball.

If the numbers of the teams were increased to say 10 vs 10 I think you would see a huge difference in the outcome of not only the initial alpha attack from the klinks but also the outcome of the battles.

People would need to start thinking 'TEAM WORK' a lot more then they are now, they would need to start thinking a lot more on what ships are in the group, what captains are in the group and what they can bring to the party.

GROUP TACTICS - Is something, playing as Klink, you dont need to think about all that often. Because your not forced into a situation where it becomes nessessary to win.

Its very early days yet with this game and I honestly believe what they have in place at the moment is very very good indeed.

Imbalanced? Yes! Very much so.

Fun to play? Hell yes!

Will you be around long enough to see if PvP become more dynamic, engageing & involving?
Of course, and I honestly believe that it will =P
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-14-2010, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Alreight. So your post comes down to... what?

Federation players have to play 45 levels of Klingon, and if they don't; tough luck?

Thank you for being so helpful. Clearly, we're the lazy ones for intelligently discussing the topic and experimenting in-game. I hope your fingers weren't strained. Because, surely, typing what ultimately breaks down to 'l2p newbs' is such a physical commitment.
No , what your doing is moaning that Klingons are OP with cloak.

I gave you a starting point , and still you ask for more , thus , lazy.