Lt. Commander
# 1 cardies cheating? me think so
03-19-2010, 01:53 PM
when they deploy photonic "ships", is the energy expended taken from the projecting ships various systems, thereby reducing it's capabilities, or does the cardie ship remain at full strength while projecting said photonic "ships"?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
when they deploy photonic "ships", is the energy expended taken from the projecting ships various systems, thereby reducing it's capabilities, or does the cardie ship remain at full strength while projecting said photonic "ships"?
It remains at full power. The skill is called "Photonic Fleet" and its available to science captains at around Captain grade 7. Its a skill with a very long cool down, so they will never pop it twice (I believe its 15 minutes), but you occasionally see it pop up in PvP or PvE battles when playing w/ a science captain at the higher levels. Just ignore the photic ships and go for the Keldon that deployed them, once its gone, they go with it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2010, 04:03 AM
ok, so the cardie remains at full power. where doe it get the additional power to run th holo emitters? has to come from somewhere, and fas as i know, there's no power equivilent of a perpetual motion machine in STO. AUX powter? maybe, but there'll stil be a draw on the ships main systems. ships batteries? i doubt they''s be sufficient to even run holoships, let alone power eneger weapons. so, again, where's the power coming from?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2010, 04:50 AM
I never experience any power fluctuation when I call my imaginary friends either. I'm not so sure that any of the job abilities we get drain power so it isn't really cheating when everyone can get something for free, is it, lol?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2010, 05:47 AM
The only thing that really bothers me is that those imaginary friends pack a nice punch... Sorry, I don't see how the holographic ships could do full damage as well. But it is a game, some things you just have to look over.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2010, 06:22 AM
they only use it at 50% hull strength (only keldons use it). if your having that much trouble just prepare an alpha strike when tehy get close to 50% power.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2010, 10:52 AM
actually, it was NPC cardies i was referring to, since i hadn't encountered holoships in PvP, but it's still the same anyway, the power has to come from somewhere, so what it it's source? i just doesn't come from thin air, so that must mean it comes from the projecting ships systems, and since it must, and the projecting ship is still at full power, then said ship is cheating. there's no tradeoff. project holoships, and that ship is more vulnerable to taking damage. no projecting, and no vulnerability to taking damage. a dev wanna get in here and comment, maybe straighten this out, or hadn't this possibility been consider?