Captain
# 21
07-17-2014, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
The SDO and the Technician here have no consistency to them. Even with 3 equipped, there's less than a 50% chance you'll get the desired effect on the tachyon beam and only a 27% chance you'll get the exotic damage bonus (for 10 secs and you get a chance at it no more often than once in 30 secs) from technicians..
Here lies the problem. People hate Tachyon Beam, and I agree it sucks except in very very particular builds. I already have 3 deflector doffs for cooldown reduction. Even if I made an alternate build. I wouldn't waste 1-3 slots for a low proc chance that only lasts 2.5 seconds. Lets say it scales with subspace decompiler. Well, who cares. No one specs that because people laugh off disables.
Empire Veteran
# 22
07-17-2014, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Here lies the problem. People hate Tachyon Beam, and I agree it sucks except in very very particular builds. I already have 3 deflector doffs for cooldown reduction. Even if I made an alternate build. I wouldn't waste 1-3 slots for a low proc chance that only lasts 2.5 seconds. Lets say it scales with subspace decompiler. Well, who cares. No one specs that because people laugh off disables.
it almost makes it an appealing skill for a tactical ships, not ships that might already use it. using it to lower a facing before an alpha is a new game play option, but its just to hamstrung by low chance and last tic activation for anyone to consider using up a sci skill slot and active roster slot. as it is now, it might as well not exist, and thats the sad truth for at least half of the almost good doffs out there.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 07-17-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Captain
# 24
07-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
oh yes i can not all power creep is created equal.
It's a good thing that you aren't the one who decides what is good powercreep and what is bad powercreep.
Official DPS League & DPS Channels Thread
Post-Traumatic Argala Disorder it's REAL!

CLR—Infected Space[1:39]— Dmg(DPS)—Jena 8.8m(89.9k) No Recluse
Republic Veteran
# 25
07-17-2014, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabelgrave View Post
Ixmuat (KDF) has a Fed border, background, and emblem. I expect this will cause some confusion.
It's far worse... ALL of them have the same Problem, and the Crafting ability does NOT WORK for Klingons (at least tried that with Ainsuri, "KDF" Tech DOFF, he is not selectable when crafting Consoles)
Career Officer
# 26
07-17-2014, 10:29 PM
Those KDF Xindi doffs will not work for KDF assignments or be bound to crews if they have the FED portrait in the background and the FED logo in the corner... add that bug to the pile
Empire Veteran
# 27
07-17-2014, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the infos Bort!

Suggestion, if you're creating these doffs to make certain boff abilities more desirable to use, don't give them such a low proc chance.

Personally I dislike any doffs that proc <33% of the time.
10% chance on that new technician for 25% boost, I'd rather see a 50% chance and 5% boost, or 25% chance and 10% boost at worst. Considering how often you'd activate EPtA, that'd be more useful.

Tachyon beam, considering you have to keep it actively on target for full duration to MAYBE get the proc, not great either. 40% proc at least would be the go on that one imo.
Thanks for finally putting something like this in though. Just a shame it'll never be part of the base skill now, which it should have been from the get go. I always thought that a tachy doff instead of drain would simply apply a reverse Tac Team effect. But this is close enough I guess.
The facing offline time is too short to even bother with for me.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.

Using - Klinzhai, Voth Fighter Favs - Corsair, Bulwark, Mogh, Sheshar, Mat'Ha
Some others - Manasa, Qib, Nicor, Guramba, JAS, Bastion The rest - HERE

Fed - Geneva, Rom - Vastam

Last edited by eradicator84; 07-17-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Captain
# 28
07-18-2014, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
-- FABRICATION ENGINEER --
Active Roster Ability:
Whenever you launch a Tricobalt Torpedo there is a chance it will fly to its target much faster. This affects High Yield and Spread versions as well

* 35% Chance: Tricobalt Torpedoes you launch will have 50% more Flight Speed.

R&D School: Projectile Weapons

Traits: Aggressive, Cunning, Eidetic Memory, Emotional, Resolve

Faction: Fed
Name: Kimo
Species/Gender: Reptilian-Female

Faction: Kdf
Name: Rommarol
Species/Gender: Reptilian-Male
Know it's unlikely, but given that the Elachi Subspace is a "Tric" boosted torp - is it affected by this DOFF?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 29
07-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trelane87 View Post
Those KDF Xindi doffs will not work for KDF assignments or be bound to crews if they have the FED portrait in the background and the FED logo in the corner... add that bug to the pile
Sorry to see this bug went live. It's already been fixed internally and should be included in the next patch we push out. So, hold onto your KDF-Xindi - they will be repaired shortly.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Follow the STO_DevTracker on Twitter!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 30
07-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Know it's unlikely, but given that the Elachi Subspace is a "Tric" boosted torp - is it affected by this DOFF?
Only "true" Tricobalts benefit from this Doff.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Follow the STO_DevTracker on Twitter!