Captain
# 41
07-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Can the GW MAS proc occur off of GW aftershocks?
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Faction: Fed
Name: Mizuab
Species/Gender: Aquatic-Male

Faction: Kdf
Name: Ainsuri
Species/Gender: Aquatic-Female
From searching the exchange, both are Fed.

So there's some error here ... Maybe you can get both names for both factions, dunno.
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
07-22-2014, 07:23 PM
I purchased Ixmuat yesterday with my Fed captain, only to find that it has switched to KDF and is no longer usable. I submitted a ticket since I spent 6.5+mil for it, only for today's patch to render it useless after already being equipped and bound >_< . I was not aware of this thread until today, so I'm pretty much SOL without tech support's help.

Also, how many Xindi DOFF's of the same type can you equip? Can you equip 3 Amsoti's, or just 1 at a time?
Empire Veteran
# 44
07-27-2014, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
I purchased Ixmuat yesterday with my Fed captain, only to find that it has switched to KDF and is no longer usable. I submitted a ticket since I spent 6.5+mil for it, only for today's patch to render it useless after already being equipped and bound >_< . I was not aware of this thread until today, so I'm pretty much SOL without tech support's help.

Also, how many Xindi DOFF's of the same type can you equip? Can you equip 3 Amsoti's, or just 1 at a time?
I accidentally bought 4 when I meant to buy 3. So in middle of switching load outs for some reason one of the bound ones has disappeared lol. So atleast that 4th one I have is usable although I wanted to transfer it to another sci but I doubt whatever this bug is that occured that cryptic would ever reimburse the doff even if its a bug/glitch on their part.
Captain
# 45
07-28-2014, 08:38 AM
I don't tend to agree with a lot of things DDIS says, but I think he's right in this situation.

The proc rates on some of those things are way too low. I feel like in most cases we are encouraged to stack 3 of the best grade of a doff in most every case just to have enough of a chance of getting something useful out of it. I would much rather have something like how conn doffs work where it's a fixed bonus but the bonus gets larger with better doffs. The counter to prevent power creep would be to limit the magnitude to something like 2-3 blue/green doffs so the advantages of having higher quality is that you can have more types of doff.

I fly science vessels a lot, and some of these new doffs sound great except for the fact that I already have to burn a few slots on deflector officers to have decent uptime on my good abilities. I'd much rather have a fixed time decrease than to have some cooldowns not reduced while other cooldowns gets reduced to the global based on random chance.

Besides, while power creep isn't the best, I think there is a good bit of positive potential with being able to have doffs change builds in significant ways such that two people with the same boffs and equipment can have different playstyles based on Doffs.