Lt. Commander
# 21
02-14-2010, 05:52 AM
It's all about California people. Servers are taken down on the schedule of Californians.

Weekends? You mean having scheduled downtime on weekends is an additional burden on players? Whodathought that?

It's not like they could SCHEDULE around weekends, the people that work on the Star Trek Offline servers have real jobs, the only time they have available for STO is weekends and holidays.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-14-2010, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

Are you aware this is a US based game, with US develoeprs, US backing and a US franchise.
Are you aware that the servers come down when the least amount of players are on the servers?

Whatever they do, they will be upsetting someone.
Jeez ... why is it whenever anyone outside the US complains about the downtime, [some] folks want to pull this US-blah-blah-blah fecal-matter out of their vocabulary? If this were baesd in any other country screwing up their/your game-time, you would be complaining exactly the same way without hesitation or regard for anyone else but your own self.

tedgp123: Are you aware that the servers come down when the least amount of players are on the servers?

And you know this because ... ??? You have first-hand access to the data regarding how many are on or not on the server at any specific time of the day?

Please, tedgp, people have every right to complain about whatever they want. People like you trying to supress their rights to complain and write their opinions is just plain iritating as hell.

I'm from the US myself, so don't think for one moment this is someone outside the US complaining about someone inside the US complaining ... Greensboro, North Carolina ...
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-14-2010, 05:54 AM
7-10pm or 7-9 pm is not 12-2 pm can you see the diference ...
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-14-2010, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBarbell
7-10pm or 7-9 pm is not 12-2 pm can you see the diference ...

I work 7am-5pm during weeks. Cryptic brings down the servers from 8-10pm during weeks (My Time) which happens to be 2pm +/- 2 hours GMT. So between getting off work and coming home, I have roughly 1 and a half hours to play, and generally by 10pm when it comes up its too late to get into anything involved.

And Europeans are crying about not being able to play.
Lt. Commander
# 25
you lot are totally missing the point.

everyone who pays for a game that is down when they most expect to play it is entitled to complain. the point is they should have a server in europe and asia/aus and us and they should have their own down time based on their time's . if your selling a service in any area you should have the infistructure to support it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
Right now as a European player having paid over 500 to Cryptic getting two life time subs I feel like I'm being shafted up the a**. Lets hope the European gaming press mention this in reviews and warn other potential customers of the 2 tier service.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-14-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
Can yours? I live in Japan and the server maintenance always falls around 7/8pm... My ACTUAL prime time.

Europeans want it changed but what about me? I pay for the game too.

Yeah, go ask Asceron why they didn't release the sacred 2 expansion anywhere else but Europe. And the Americans are acting high and mighty? The Europeans are complaining about 2pm server down times without even thinking that that 2pm downtime might fall in someone elses ACTUAL prime time, aka the Japan/Aussie fans.

Europeans just keep losing more and more face for me when I read these forums.

Also, I can find Europe and point out most countries with out hesitance. I bet if I gave the majority of Europeans a Map, they couldn't even tell me where Nagoya is or Nagano, or even Kyushu.
well we live at europe and of course we will talk what we don't like..and you can post a thread about things you don't like about your time i m sure no one will come and ***** your thread. the point you do not understand is this is a game with a monthly fee. and people who has a job have chance to play the game at weekends and evenings.
Sacred 2 expansion is being sold or not at europe, i don't know anything about this issue and can2t see what's the relation between this thread. So please go away make your own threads about your anger to other players or nationalities but just don't make this thread to go anywhere else then it's title
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-14-2010, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

Are you aware this is a US based game, with US develoeprs, US backing and a US franchise.
Are you aware that the servers come down when the least amount of players are on the servers?

Whatever they do, they will be upsetting someone.
Nice another one that thinks the world outside the USA does not exist ...
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Hm,

what would players in Japan and Australia say to having scheduled maintenance moved from Sunday to Saturday?

The bonus for European players would be being able to take care of weekend shopping (yes most stores are closed Sundays in Germany) and to me Saturday eveing downtime does not seem as much of an inconvenience as Sunday downtime.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphisat
Nice another one that thinks the world outside the USA does not exist ...
yeap and then they wonder why the rest of the world cant stand them, how ironic.