Lt. Commander
# 71
02-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
Its amusing isn't it. Living on this side of the world (Aussie and Japan) and listening to the Europeans cry about how they can't play around noon... and how the server maintenance needs to be changed because it favors Americans.

Yet the people really being punished, especially during week days, is us. lol
Look at the bright side... you have to endure neither American nor English beer! You can't expect to come out ahead every time you know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessian_Kaaneo
hangon are you telling us europeans not to complain at weekends when the server goes down for maintenance? i wonder, would you USA players be on the website moaning if it was done during YOUR weekend time.
I'm not American, but you... do realize it's the weekend in the United States too, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessian_Kaaneo
can his comments be classed as racist ?
Sure, except that European isn't a race, and what he said didn't reflect any kind of bigotry whatsoever. Aside from that though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHand View Post
hehe lol bloody yanks always think there more important than the rest of the world arogant fool, hell i bet you couldnt even find europe if we gave you a map.
Yes, they are arrogant. You're so much better than them, I can tell that by the way you're implying it, which is in NO way arrogant at all.

By the way, I have a friend I'd like to introduce you to, his name is Irony. I don't think you and him have officially met...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHand View Post
yeap and then they wonder why the rest of the world cant stand them, how ironic.
Oh, or perhaps you have! Odd then that you seem to not recognize him...

I find it interesting that you think that the entire population of said country is formed from one single hive-mind like the borg so that you can justifiably hate and dismiss the whole based on the actions and words of a few. I also find it interesting that you seem to think that having so many people from foreign countries talking ill of theirs, and the people that inhabit it as a whole, will endear the rest of the world to the USA and make it more considerate. I mean, you obviously recognize a problem which presents itself as a form of low boil animosity, and your response to this problem is to inject your own animosity at a higher boil. I'm not entirely sure, are you trying to solve the problem of hate with more hate, like fighting fire with fire? Or are you just trying to justify how Americans feel about the rest of the world, and how you feel about America, by completing the unending circle of hate?

Meh, either way that's also kind of ironic, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
Why is it always an America vs Europe comparison?
Didn't you know? No place else exists. You're a figment of your own imagination...
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belion
Im also an Australian gamer. Come back and complain when maintenance is happening at 7-10pm on a weekday or sunday night. THEN you can complain!
Ok its sunday night, its 8:50 PM right now and the server went down.. It did the same thing yesterday around this time..

Can I QQ now?
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Yeah man, they're pretty much ****in' everybody.
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Sure, except that European isn't a race, and what he said didn't reflect any kind of bigotry whatsoever. Aside from that though...
I think the guy was meaning prejudiced, and if you are going to nitpick then by your reasoning the term racist wouldn't be allowed in it's general definition. We humans are all the same race. If you are going to be clever, tread carefully.
Lt. Commander
# 75
02-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

Are you aware this is a US based game, with US develoeprs, US backing and a US franchise.
Are you aware that the servers come down when the least amount of players are on the servers?

Whatever they do, they will be upsetting someone.
LMAO i just read this and couldnt stop laughing lets see how much is the US Dollar worth to what we pay for the game in EUROPE also funny how STO has hit the UK top of the PC gameing charts in its first week of launch
as it probally has in many other EUROPEN countries, compined player base in europe is probally more than the USA
and as some one else has said if you dont want the rest of the world to play the game why sell it all over the world as its probally our money thats worth alot more than the dollar that keeps all the share holders happy :-P

p.s fill for you Aussies and guys in japan as you probally get a worse deal than us
Lt. Commander
# 76 Server Down
02-14-2010, 12:18 PM
As it is the server is yet again down today which is offcourse a total pain in the a**. However the real problem ain't the maintenance but the capacity of the server. clearly in my opinion is that Cryptic hads made a error in thinking how easy it is to run a MMO, especially one which is a Big title in SF. They could have known that it would sell bigtime around the world and should have invested more in the numbers off servers around the worlds biggest continents, like Blizzard has done with WoW. Sure it s*cks not to be able to play the game whenever you want but that same problem was there when WoW started and eventually even Blizzard learned how to better it, so all we can do is hope that Cryptic will do so aswell.
Lt. Commander
# 77
02-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintersunset View Post
every evening server goes down.at weekends durring the days server goes down. ok i agree every new MMO will have problems,but it has been 2 weeks since head start and during the playable times of european players server is down or we have "server not responding" long loading times. i was always positive about this game since release but this weekend is totally diseaster. i am not even sure employees of cryptic responsible for this maintenance know what2s going on with game. Server goes down admin posts about the situation and writes there is NO patch so sure.but then i download a 160 mb patch. We don't have space action bar 1 since 2 days, tickets never get answer in-game. Come on guys we loved this game....
I dont have the actual numbers, but based on population, do I screw over europe, or screw over the US eastern seaboard where probably 40% of the company income comes from? lets face it there are

18 million people in the larger cities in the US eastern time zone alone.. you take care of where your money is
Lt. Commander
# 78
02-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuhart
I think the guy was meaning prejudiced, and if you are going to nitpick then by your reasoning the term racist wouldn't be allowed in it's general definition. We humans are all the same race. If you are going to be clever, tread carefully.
Actually no, there is no "human race," that's a misnomer, there is a human species. Race is a folk taxonomy meant to delineate people into general hereditary groups which is useful for some things, like tracing genetic conditions and the like through lineages. It is not a formally accepted classification, and does not apply to the human species as a whole. Saying "human race" is a mistake.

It's like people who use the term "sentient" when they mean "sapient" ... Star Trek does this a LOT actually.

Sicence... it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Lt. Commander
# 79
02-15-2010, 07:36 AM
Well, at least when the servers are down, it's give me a chance to catch up on some 360 games... I'm still working my way through Forza 2, with 3 still sat on the shelf waiting to be opened...

roll on next down time!