Lt. Commander
# 1 R&D 20h dependent?
07-17-2014, 04:09 PM
First off, i like the UI for the new R&D. And the revamped R&D is very cool! I like it.

Negatives:

- Those who had R&D have to start from scratch: that's not really fair!
- after you reach lvl 2 in any research you are dependent of the 20h research project: that sucks big time!!! (no, the DIL solution for short cutting the time is not a solution. => they want to make even more money!!! Lockbox not enough?)

==> R&D lost its magic after i figured the above two out! Byebye R&D
Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
Captain
# 2
07-17-2014, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asches1 View Post
First off, i like the UI for the new R&D. And the revamped R&D is very cool! I like it.

Negatives:

- after you reach lvl 2 in any research you are dependent of the 20h research project: that sucks big time!!! (no, the DIL solution for short cutting the time is not a solution. => they want to make even more money!!! Lockbox not enough?)

but I get dil for free...
jesus love you, cryptic does not.
Career Officer
# 3
07-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Quote:
This, for me, is a big failing. "Oh, you worked hard getting to Max Level for R&D? Well, we're revamping it and you'll have to start from scratch - tough luck."

It'd be like revamping the Reputation system and restting everyone's progress "just cuz".
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Captain
# 4
07-17-2014, 04:19 PM
You can always just pay 20 k dil to get through timegates.

Then buy some zen and sell for more dil, see how fast you can get to max level crafting
Career Officer
# 5
07-17-2014, 04:49 PM
They turned Crafting into a massive Reputation Grind. Instead of Marks, its Mats.

Call me when they actually make a real crafting system.
Captain
# 6
07-17-2014, 07:05 PM
This is why they didn't release new holdings. They had a massive personal dil sink on the works. Welcome to the new grind.
Commander
# 7
07-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Quote:

Negatives:

While I am not happy with the Dilithum shortcut. I really dont understand the whole 'start from scratch' complaint. They totally revamped the system sure. But its not like they didnt give players something for their work on previous iterations. You received your updated Aegis Sets and a Duty Officer to boot.

And lets be honest. Had they tried to switch your experience with the Crafting system over. And it turned out you had nothing new to gain from it. Youd have been upset about that. Demanding Cryptic should have known ahead of time and released more Crafting content for those who had maxxed it out.

Theres no telling if this is the end of Crafting, and youll get no farther then what you see currently. Or if they plan to continue to add to it and possibly release more sets. I would think theyve learned their lesson after this many iterations of Crafting. And they intend on adding to it.
Captain
# 8
07-17-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm still wondering where my DOff is...
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose
And then I sneezed. And then I exploded.
Rihannsu
# 9
07-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussintercept View Post
But its not like they didnt give players something for their work on previous iterations. You received your updated Aegis Sets and a Duty Officer to boot.
Two things, one not everyone maxed and crafted a AEGIS set.and two the Duty Officer is just a blue research lab scientist that you can only use to craft the Aegis set.

In short, they didnt give us anything we didnt already had ... AEGIS set is updated regardless of were you got it (hint, you could just buy it on the exchange) and the DOFF simply allows to craft the set AFTER we grind back to level 15 in THREE SCHOOLS!
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Commander
# 10
07-17-2014, 08:26 PM
I ran 2 characters through the old system from just enough to cugrade the Horta to max crafting skill in a couple of days. (And then I crafted the Aegis set with one of them so I'd get the free upgrade.) It looks like I'm going to get plenty of mats just doing missions and doffing around. (And the R&D doff assignments don't count against the 20 standard missions.)
I'm also happy with the dil shortcut. It'll act as a dilithium sink, and isn't mandatory. Sure, getting to max in a school will take longer, but given how much crafting I was doing before, I don't care. So it takes 3-4 months for the first school. It's not conflicting with anything else I was doing.