Captain
# 11
07-17-2014, 08:06 PM
You'll pick up items on missions that you can't use. Grab 'em anyway. Some actually will improve your current situation; others can either be sold on the Exchange, or (if they're bound or the rate on the Exchange is too low) stuffed into your Replicator for EC. Each transaction is small - but they mount up, especially if you're selling but never buying.
-------------------------------------------
"Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!" - David Brin, "Those Eyes"
Captain
# 12
07-17-2014, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
You'll pick up items on missions that you can't use. Grab 'em anyway. Some actually will improve your current situation; others can either be sold on the Exchange, or (if they're bound or the rate on the Exchange is too low) stuffed into your Replicator for EC. Each transaction is small - but they mount up, especially if you're selling but never buying.
You're better off selling to a vender than stuffing stuff in the replicator. Vendors give more ec.
Commander
# 13
07-17-2014, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Rule of Acquisition #1: Once you have their money, you never give it back.

The key to acquiring EC is to understand that pretty much all of it has to be taken from another player. And that once you have it, you never give it back. Buying things is giving that money back. Don't do that. Like you said, you ain't rich.
That's actually a terrible idea with how much things have inflated recently. I would never carry more than 100 mil on me, any ec over that gets converted to lock box ships.
Career Officer
# 14
07-17-2014, 08:36 PM
Most save up dilithium, buy zen, and then buy lockbox keys, which they sell for criminally high prices on the exchange, and people are stupid enough to pay it. Some have no life other than to grind it all out, mostly by playing certain foundry missions that are nothing more than literal shooting grounds hundreds or thousands of times over and selling the loot that they pick up. And some buy their ec from outside sources, egpal, divine treasury, etc. Also, they all paid to have their ec cap increased tremendously. So if you want any of the specialty items, better break open that piggy bank, because you won't get it in any reasonable amount of time if youre just a casual player.
Captain
# 15
07-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Don't forget that as of season 9.5 the EC value of vendor trash has dropped by more than 50%. I have a shield in my inventory which had a stated value of around 83k ECs yesterday. But today it is now worth about 31k ECs.
Captain
# 16
07-17-2014, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
Don't forget that as of season 9.5 the EC value of vendor trash has dropped by more than 50%. I have a shield in my inventory which had a stated value of around 83k ECs yesterday. But today it is now worth about 31k ECs.
Yep, was going to mention this myself, jaguarskx got to it first (TY).

EC generation by means of vendor trash, is going to be a tad more difficult, and could have a tiny impact on the exchange rates, but it will have to be seen, and most likely won't impact it if any at all right away.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Empire Veteran
# 17
07-17-2014, 09:14 PM
There are some exploiters who can shuffle around billions.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 18
07-17-2014, 09:25 PM
Learn to anticipate where the market surges are going to be, find a way to get a stock on the cheap, then resell it at the right time. Paying attention to announcements of upcoming stuff and changes to metagame help, but even then sometimes you hit the jackpot and sometimes you end up with a full bank and wondering what you're gonna do with it all. Less work than farming vendor trash though, and much more satisfying when you get it right.

Example:
First day of the Risa event, people with more money than patience had to have the new swimsuits on day one and were happy to throw money at it. So I spent the evening doing favor hunts and buying more favors off the Exchange, turn them into swimsuits, then selling those suits at twice what the favors were worth (and still undercutting everyone, even with that markup). Every sale was 20 million net profit, paid for two lockbox ships. Obviously not something one can do every day, but there are lots of ways to do similar things (if not as grand) all the time. Think Rule 22 and Rule 74.
Empire Veteran
# 19
07-18-2014, 07:38 AM
Buy low, sell high.

That is all there is to it.
Free jkname.

Captain
# 20
07-18-2014, 09:19 AM
You need to keep in mind those 300 millions are gatthered along months and months of play time. You cant get that in 1 week or 2 weeks or 1 months, even in 2 months. Well, you can but it will be a race of trying to sell everything all the time, and i dont think thats healthy. If you like the game, just have patience and keep gathering EC when you can. Just dont waste it.

Selling loot will not give you that ammount of EC. The only way you can reach those numbers will be selling keys on the exchange, selling ship modules (after buying one of em for zen, of course , zen that you will be adquiring trading dilithium, for example), farming contraband (about 1,5-2 million a day more or less) and selling lobi items that are a little more valuable than purple loots. I dont think there are more options. Not viable ones, anyways.