Lt. Commander
Wow, not been able to spend too long on this game this weekend. Possibly a bad choice of game? I spent a lot of money on this (Game delux and 3 months) and want to play., Come on STO, get this hulk moving...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 12:28 PM
If you read the dev post in the News section you would see that the server is down at the moment.
Thats the reason you cannot connect.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Server is down. Nobody is getting in for now. Try again in an hour or 2.

As to why the server is down, main reason I think is load. More people are trying to get on then the server can handle. Cryptic is supposedly getting more servers to alleviate this, but in the meantime not a lot can be done.

You might say this is unacceptable as this is Cryptic's third MMO, fourth if you want to count City of Villains as a separate title, but I think that their previous experience may have been somewhat misleading resulting in Cryptic underestimating the drawing power of the Star Trek IP.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansheedragon
If you read the dev post in the News section you would see that the server is down at the moment.
Thats the reason you cannot connect.
Yes I know the server is down. You might accept that, but I bought the product that doesn't work. An expensive one. I understand technology very well and the massive undertaking, however I know business very well, and once you go live with a sales product, it has to work.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time_Lord View Post
Yes I know the server is down. You might accept that, but I bought the product that doesn't work. An expensive one. I understand technology very well and the massive undertaking, however I know business very well, and once you go live with a sales product, it has to work.
You may understand sales, but you know little of technogy

They can't wave their hands and make the server bigger. They have to calculate load, aquire the server, bring the whole thing down, and put the new server in, bring it up, and it still may not work.

Not to mention one 0 out of place in the code, and it could go down at any time. Be patient.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Post deleted.

I got a little bit "less than civil."

My bad.

OP, please go away. Nobody in Ten Forward wants to listen to you. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Jesus, would you quit your ******n b*tching? I'm so f*cking sick of people constantly whining about server downtime in a brand new MMO. Have you people EVER played a f*cking MMO before now? Do you take your heads out of your asses long enough to realize that the world doesn't revolve around your sorry little excuse for a life?

Shut the hell up, take your whining somewhere appropriate. Best case scenario, your pretty floral print pillow on your bed. Worst case, another forum.

Normally I'm more patient with you idiots, but I've absolutely had my fill at this point.

I don't want to hear it.

Nobody else in this forum wants to hear it.

Now p*ss off.
Amen!

XD
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Damn, I was too late, someone quoted me.