Captain
# 21
07-17-2014, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhthephoenix View Post
All of the issues seem minor ( of course I didn't have any problems preventing me from playing, so of course I'd say they are minor). My point is that apparently these issues did not show up on Tribble (as they didn't show up for me) and the emergency maintenance is to allow others to be able to play. When launching new content, one should expect there to be issues throughout the day. Obvioulsy more people need to start playing on Tribble to help find these errors before launch. I don't believe there is anything Cryptic could have done to prevent these errors. None of the errors seem catastrophic. The likely causes (since not everyone experienced them) are because of specific issues with specific accounts. A series of "random" conditions that didn't occur (or were not reported) while people were playing on tribble.

Honeslty, for once I don't think Cryptic should be held responsible. Seems like a series of random conditions that they couldn't know about. Now if it affected half the players, then it would be Cryptic's fault, but anything that doesn't affect a significant portion of players is also something that would be unlikely to be found in playtesting.

So if you really have an issue with emergency maintenance to allow everyone to be able to play, then you and your feet mates should get on tribble and help test the game. Also there are probably people who are staying awake and at work to do the emergency maintenance. They should be thanked.

One of the biggest problems as with every release is stability issues. One of my fleet mates called it a night early yesterday because he got tired of random disconnects and lag.

I tested extensively on Tribble and never had any issues and I think he nailed down why.

There are not as many on Tribble at any given time. Holodeck is the live server and has way more players, which in turn causes stability problems.
Fleet Admiral
Jeffry L. Caler
Commanding Officer
USS Avenger
Super Moderator
# 22
07-17-2014, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy View Post
Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2 hours and Ill post again once it is complete. Thanks yall!
-LaughingTrendy
Psst - weekly scheduled maintenance eh?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 23
07-17-2014, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2485 View Post
Server down to apply a patch when I need to login and refine dilithium. Never saw that coming.
(in Vulcan tone)
as of the time of the above text there are approximately 22 hours and 32 minutes for this individual to complete the following task
Community Content Manager
# 24
07-17-2014, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Psst - weekly scheduled maintenance eh?
.....riiiiiiiight!

Morrigan "LaughingTrendy" | Community Content Manager
Follow us on Twitter: @trekonlinegame | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter: @LaughingTrendy
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here.

Career Officer
# 25
07-17-2014, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by betayuya View Post
(in Vulcan tone)
as of the time of the above text there are approximately 22 hours and 32 minutes for this individual to complete the following task
That assumes they have a personal schedule that allows for unlimited access. My playing time over the last 24 hours has been cut to almost zero (from an average of five hours!) as virtually ALL of the time that I was not either asleep or at work, the game has been down for maintenance. And I work at a job where I have zero computer access, so I was not even aware of the second maintenance until less than 15 minutes before it began. (When I returned home after an unusually stressful shift with an hour of forced, unscheduled overtime.)
Member of Special Operations Command (UFP)
and leader of House of Calafia (KDF)
and Foundry author (first mission published July 2014)

Last edited by westmetals; 07-17-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Captain
# 26
07-17-2014, 11:56 PM
i was only stating a fact of mathematics, i must also point out that the earth rotates 364.25 rotations per orbit around a star, this star burns at about 12.4 million degrees in it's entire thermal output from it's core to the outer surface, and that it is quite capable of radiating the earth in about 4-5 thousand years when the poles have shifted completely off their axis which they in fact will leaving the earth to a fatal does of solar radiation. :(
Rihannsu
# 27
07-17-2014, 11:58 PM
The whole lying about the R&D UI was not final in tribble then it releases the same way, really BS.
DAY 5: Finally the problem is solved, no more "server not responding"!
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2485 View Post
One of the biggest problems as with every release is stability issues. One of my fleet mates called it a night early yesterday because he got tired of random disconnects and lag.

I tested extensively on Tribble and never had any issues and I think he nailed down why.

There are not as many on Tribble at any given time. Holodeck is the live server and has way more players, which in turn causes stability problems.
I think that would be a guess as to why. But that wouldn't be cryptics fault and blaming them would be in bad taste I believe (if it was due to the number of people playing).

I rarely have any issues at any time though. The only lag I've ever experienced is in the undine battle zone only when everyone playing is in the same location. I've not had any problems today, but I've only gotten to play for about an hour. Anyway my only point is that none of the issues seem significant enough to blame cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-18-2014, 12:06 AM
It takes about five minutes to log in and refine dil. Honestly if you are that concerned there is plenty of time to find five minutes to refine it. Might have an issue if you also have to earn the dil. But almost anyone regardless of the situation can refine it within 24 hours.
Captain
# 30
07-18-2014, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhthephoenix View Post
It takes about five minutes to log in and refine dil. Honestly if you are that concerned there is plenty of time to find five minutes to refine it. Might have an issue if you also have to earn the dil. But almost anyone regardless of the situation can refine it within 24 hours.

this is also achieved by filling in 1-2 test boxes, and the use of 4-5 button clicks, it also takes 7 button clicks to fly a jumbo jet now days from take off to full flight
Closed Thread