Career Officer
Really, I totally like the new uniforms, both on the Fed and the KDF side. Especially as all Starfleet persnnel now wears it, even on the ships.

The Starfleet version is a massive improvement over what the NPCs used to wear back when I started playing. The old one always looked a bit like people were planning to go fishing, with the boots and all.

A pity that the ship crews wearing it isn't the case on the KDF side, but then again, a feudal system isn't so much into uniforms, I guess.
Captain
# 2
07-18-2014, 04:14 AM
For me, the mere fact that all the NPC's wear the same uniform is a huge improvement...

I am military... and these past years, i've had a really hard time referring to anything as "uniform", cause there was nothing uniform about them...

Heck, I even went straight to the fleet mine... and... Joy... no more DS9 uniforms
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 3
07-18-2014, 04:33 AM
Now if only they KDF could follow suit.
Delta Rising is the best ex... oh sod it, I just want my Jupiter and Typhoon

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it!
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Captain
# 4
07-18-2014, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Now if only they KDF could follow suit.
Aren't the KDF just a bunch of murderes and thives?

Dosen't make sense for them to have a "uniform" system...
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Career Officer
# 5
07-18-2014, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Really, I totally like the new uniforms, both on the Fed and the KDF side. Especially as all Starfleet persnnel now wears it, even on the ships.

The Starfleet version is a massive improvement over what the NPCs used to wear back when I started playing. The old one always looked a bit like people were planning to go fishing, with the boots and all.

A pity that the ship crews wearing it isn't the case on the KDF side, but then again, a feudal system isn't so much into uniforms, I guess.
one word describes my feeling on the uniform: "meh".
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Captain
# 6
07-18-2014, 04:42 AM
I can't say much about the KDF uniform.
But the new Starfleet uni is way too dark for my taste. That dirty looking black doesn't fit to Starfleet at all.
It's always the same story, the devs found it "cool" and we have to live with it...

I would have prefered if they would have used to AGT color pattern.
"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--"
- Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie
Captain
# 7
07-18-2014, 04:46 AM
Loving the new uniforms, I now have the dress uniform for senior officers with a flag officer variant on my toon, junior officers wear the standard oddy uniform and security and non commissioned personnel wear the grey oddy uniform

Mess with the best, die like the rest
Captain
# 8
07-18-2014, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
I can't say much about the KDF uniform.
But the new Starfleet uni is way too dark for my taste. That dirty looking black doesn't fit to Starfleet at all.
It's always the same story, the devs found it "cool" and we have to live with it...

I would have prefered if they would have used to AGT color pattern.
Aesthetics has always been a question of the eye of the beholder... Me for example... The AGT "pattern" makes me want to throw up.
Career Officer
# 9
07-18-2014, 04:58 AM
My Joined Trill KDF Toon loves the new long BortasQ' uniform as the detailing and textures are great. Can't say my FED toons are likely to run to the Odyssey uniform though as the Vet Jupiter uniform is still my favourite there.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Republic Veteran
# 10
07-18-2014, 05:00 AM
Top marks for the Odyssey Dress uniform. Real smart, and a throwback to TWoK. Nice work.