Commander
# 11
07-18-2014, 09:07 AM
KDF BortasQ' uniform elements are very nice. I changed my character to use them right away after some initial experimentation on what looked good. Also, not sure if this was there before, but the Klingon females have a skirt option now.

Last edited by goodscotch; 07-18-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Captain
# 12
07-18-2014, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodscotch View Post
KDF BortasQ' uniform elements are very nice. I changed my character to us ethem right away after some initial experimetation on what looked good. Also, not sure if this was there before, but the Klingon females have a skirt option now.
Really the KDF Female has skirt option I have to go back to check on that. I only have one female though. But if I give her that clone device she can make 2 more of herself so she has 3 females QS running around the maps. lol

Time will only tell!
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-18-2014, 09:45 AM
I hate the the main portion of the new KDF uniform is tinted. Even by choosing the whitest of whites on the palette, it's still grey. And any other color you choose it really dark.
Lieutenant
# 14
07-18-2014, 11:38 AM
I have to say, I agree 100%, at least fed side. The previous default uniforms looked like some weird mishmash of a future J-trek and canon trek uniforms.

These actually look like they could follow on comfortably from the later DS9 uniform and the "All Good Things" uniform.

Actually, the "All Good Things" combadge with the new uniform looks quite smart. Plus, if you use the DS9 admiral belt, it looks rather smart indeed.
Admiral Tuwud - High Commissioner, UFP Peace Corps Sigma Red
Republic Veteran
# 15
07-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
I can't say much about the KDF uniform.
But the new Starfleet uni is way too dark for my taste. That dirty looking black doesn't fit to Starfleet at all.
It's always the same story, the devs found it "cool" and we have to live with it...

I would have prefered if they would have used to AGT color pattern.
You do realize that you don't have to follow the "official" color scheme? I don't have any of my Fed characters following the "official" color scheme.

I will say this though. I absolutely love the Bortasqu' uniform, especially the Bortasqu' Long jacket.
Career Officer
# 16
07-18-2014, 11:49 AM
I have to say the Odyssey Uniforms are growing on me.

Looking at the pictures, I thought it was meh because they used the white shoulders. But when I tried it on my own character and added grey shoulders with the silver trim, it clicked. It really does feel appropriate, and the one feels like a modernized Wrath of Khan uniform.

Yet to play with the Bortasque outfits, but liked the looks of the gauntlet.
Commander
# 17
07-18-2014, 12:05 PM
I like that the new "standard" uniform has been given out to all players free. One of my major beef's with switching to Odyssey at the beginning of S9 from the mish-mash we had before was new players didn't have it.

That's fixed now.

The uniform itself is growing on me, but don't know if I'm going to make a permanent switch. I've switched one character's boffs over entirely and will see if I like it before moving everyone over from my customized Antares 3 variant. I personally had no problem with the uniform choices available before, I liked Sierra, some of the Antares variants, and Jupiter just fine.

Also agree that the AGT commbadge works well with this uniform, I'm keeping it for now - always liked it better than the "new" TOS-style silver ones.

Basically, as feedback goes - this one is a thank you. S9.5 doesn't give us much, but a free outfit never hurts.
Captain
# 18
07-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
You do realize that you don't have to follow the "official" color scheme? I don't have any of my Fed characters following the "official" color scheme.
One of my toons is flying the Risian Cruise Liner. (It's a surprisingly valid choice for combat.) As a result, I decked him out with the Odyssey uniform in all white. Now he looks like a Ferengi Captain Steubing. If only there was a snappy captain's hat to put on him...
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Commander
# 19
07-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolheadal View Post
Really the KDF Female has skirt option I have to go back to check on that. I only have one female though. But if I give her that clone device she can make 2 more of herself so she has 3 females QS running around the maps. lol
I changed my Klingon bridge officer gals this morning. I'm a paying subscriber. Not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I didn't see any special symbol next to the skirt option and I haven't bought any uniform packs at all.
Career Officer
# 20
07-18-2014, 01:35 PM
New uniforms are awesome and probably the best Cryptic designed uniforms out there. Also love the long jacket for KDF, which I have been wanting for a long time.